White Vs. Cream Helmets

2 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

The cream colored anything is 'old fashioned' and would not go over well with the great majority of fans.   Actually, it makes the white look dirty or stained.   Leave the bright white and bright red.   Scarlet is a bright red as opposed to bama and sooner dried blood red.

I'd guess you'd have to go back to the '70s to find much cream color in the uniforms, etc.   Keep the uniforms clean, fitting and less rather than more.  It is not a fashion statement.   The team will play with the style and passion and win and all will be just fine.          

s#!t I figured if we went back to the cream, the blue hairs would, well cream their pants. I thought the thing that gets the guys going is non-hiphophogwash and cream.

Everybody calling the 'official' school colors scarlet and cream have any links to back your claims up?

Because the official University Athletics Brand Guide has 'red' (Pantone 186C), white, 'cream' (PANTONE 7401C at 35%), and black as official colors. Also no single mention of the word 'cream' in the brand guideline anywhere. 

Further, it encourages student groups and club sports that, "Product color should be red, black or white... UNL marks should appear in red, black or white if an alternate color is used."

1 hour ago, Landlord said:

Everybody calling the 'official' school colors scarlet and cream have any links to back your claims up?

Because the official University Athletics Brand Guide has 'red' (Pantone 186C), white, 'cream' (PANTONE 7401C at 35%), and black as official colors. Also no single mention of the word 'cream' in the brand guideline anywhere. 

Further, it encourages student groups and club sports that, "Product color should be red, black or white... UNL marks should appear in red, black or white if an alternate color is used."

https://ucomm.unl.edu/toolbox/colors

• Plus1 5
3 hours ago, Landlord said:

Anyone who knows any history of UNL knows that the official school colors are scarlet and cream. I don’t need an official brand guide or a link to back me up. It’s just the way it is. 

• Plus1 4
On 5/14/2018 at 6:59 PM, Husker_Bohunk said:

The official school colors aren't Red and White, or Scarlet and White, but Scarlet and Cream. I'm not sure why we ever went away from the Cream color in our uniforms w/o changing the official colors. Traditionally, sports uniforms have reflected the "official colors" of the respective ball club, whether amateur or pro so I'm not sure why ours don't.

Get rid of the blackshirts, too. 

And those camo jerseys that the baseball team wears. 

And sorry, liberos on the volleyball team; gotta find a new color. 

4 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Anyone who knows any history of UNL knows that the official school colors are scarlet and cream. I don’t need an official brand guide or a link to back me up. It’s just the way it is. 

Not sure you completely grasp what official means in this case :P

2 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Not sure you completely grasp what official means in this case :P

Well in the Street & Smith football preview magazine's I read as a kid, it listed the schedule and details for each school for that year.  In official school colors for Nebraska, it listed:  Scarlet and Cream.  That was good enough for me.

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, Husker_Bohunk said:

Why have official team colors if you're not going to wear them?

The blackshirts are worn under the official uniforms. I have no issues with that.

I don't mind alternate uniforms, or even the use of black in some instances, but I agree that the teams should try to use the official school colors.