****Official 2018 Season Countdown Thread****

18 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Uh, ya. If they're having a practice at 8pm why would a quick Q&A by Frost afterward be too late, especially after saying he's announcing who's starting at QB this weekend? :dunno

And the press have been banned from almost all of the practices. This practice is only open to students (not any other fans) from what I've heard but I wasn't sure about media so I asked. If the media isn't allowed at practice, then she's not allowed even if she is a fan unless she attends classes at UNL.

Well then she was wandering around taking exterior pics of Memorial Stadium :)

35 minutes ago, MLB 51 said:

I believe the first Husker game I went to was in 1987 in Boulder.  I would have been 9 years old at the time and it was a bitterly cold day.  We had tickets a ways up on the West side of the field but there was basically no one sitting in the entire end zone so my dad and I moved to the third row in the southwest corner.  My feet were really cold so I was wrapped up in a blanket.  As the game went on, a bunch of drunk Colorado fans came and sat right in front of us.  In the fourth quarter, Keith Jones turned the corner and sprinted 44 yards for a TD coming right at us.  Unfortunately I couldn't stand up very well due to the blanket and couldn't see over the guys in front of me (who also stood up).  So I got to see about the first 5 yards of the run and then see him in the "End Zone".  But I guess that would be appropriate.

Jones ran for 248 yards that day.  Steve Taylor threw 5 passes - and completed one of them.

Edited by Mavric
Corrected a couple details and added the stats for Jones and Taylor
  • Plus1 2
21 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I believe the first Husker game I went to was in 1987 in Boulder.  I would have been 9 years old at the time and it was a bitterly cold day.  We had tickets a ways up on the West side of the field but there was basically no one sitting in the entire end zone so my dad and I moved to the third row in the southwest corner.  My feet were really cold so I was wrapped up in a blanket.  As the game went on, a bunch of drunk Colorado fans came and sat right in front of us.  In the fourth quarter, Keith Jones turned the corner and sprinted 44 yards for a TD coming right at us.  Unfortunately I couldn't stand up very well due to the blanket and couldn't see over the guys in front of me (who also stood up).  So I got to see about the first 5 yards of the run and then see him in the "End Zone".  But I guess that would be appropriate.

Jones ran for 248 yards that day.  Steve Taylor threw 5 passes - and completed one of them.

Keith Jones was great. He was one of my favorite I-backs as a kid. He was compact, strong, and so fast.