Huskers Add Former UCF Starting Safety Tre Neal As Grad Transfer

1 hour ago, Minnesota_husker said:

So maybe not the last guy to come over?

I am intrigued... any other options from UCF people think could come over?

Not this year, but there were rumblings about a departed WR who was leaving UCF to go to Juco, and the scuttlebutt was that was to avoid sitting out a year before coming to Nebraska.  Pure internet speculation, but i could see it happening, but for NEXT year.

Emmanuel Greene's HS profile

edit:  just saw that he transferred to Iowa Central.  Proximity works here!

• Plus1 3

The coolest part to me is that Frost and Nebraska initiated nothing ... he just simply appreciate what Frost did for him that he "wanted to help him rebuild what he (Frost) loves back at Lincoln."

If you think about it ... Frost going back to coach UCF and those kids in the bowl ... it might have hurt our recruiting a bit  ... but Neal is coming here because of Frost's commitment to Neal as a player.  

Special ... very special.

• Plus1 7
12 minutes ago, Dilly Dilly said:

Not this year, but there were rumblings about a departed WR who was leaving UCF to go to Juco, and the scuttlebutt was that was to avoid sitting out a year before coming to Nebraska.  Pure internet speculation, but i could see it happening, but for NEXT year.

He would be a heck of a get

4 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

The coolest part to me is that Frost and Nebraska initiated nothing ... he just simply appreciate what Frost did for him that he "wanted to help him rebuild what he (Frost) loves back at Lincoln."

If you think about it ... Frost going back to coach UCF and those kids in the bowl ... it might have hurt our recruiting a bit  ... but Neal is coming here because of Frost's commitment to Neal as a player.  

Special ... very special.

100%.

As someone who is involved in our companies hiring process, I appreciate more when someone wants to leave their current employer the right way. 

If they are willing to screw over their current employer, then how long till they will do the same to us?

At first I wasnt a fan of Frost staying but I think it was the right move for a variety of reasons.

33 minutes ago, Dilly Dilly said:

Dang, Frost held off a lot of big boys to land this kid ... Florida, Miami, Florida St., Georgia, Tennessee, and Ohio State.

• Plus1 2

2 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I think Reed will be shifted down to the 5th DB in the nickel package, which will be the Base D the highest percentage of defensive snaps anyway.  

I think this is the most likely scenario. Also adds depth, which is nice because Williams has been banged up in the past.

I was all in on Frost a while ago and he's done nothing to change that opinion. This just helps.

• Plus1 2