CJ Smith Out For Season

8 minutes ago, Hunter94 said:

when did this occur?  are we just now getting a slow read of injuries during fall camp?

Frost said he would only comment on player injuries if the player was going to be out for the remainder of the season. Not sure when this happened, but I am sure Frost will be asked about it and comment at his next meeting with the press. 

6 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Frost said he would only comment on player injuries if the player was going to be out for the remainder of the season. Not sure when this happened, but I am sure Frost will be asked about it and comment at his next meeting with the press. 

ok, i guess it would be nice to know if there are other injuries that will prevent projected starters from playing immediately?...but sounds like there are no plans to announce those situations.......just curious, especially if there are more announced this week.

10 minutes ago, Hunter94 said:

ok, i guess it would be nice to know if there are other injuries that will prevent projected starters from playing immediately?...but sounds like there are no plans to announce those situations.......just curious, especially if there are more announced this week.

Was CJ Smith a projected starter this year?  Yes, he was a big recruit out of high school, but he wasn’t being mentioned during fall camp so I hadn’t thought about him playing this year.

Yes, it would be nice if Frost had regular announcements on injuries, but he told the media about his policy on injury announcements. 

15 hours ago, Hunter94 said:

Yeah, I was wondering about injuries too.  We've had almost no news of injuries from this year's camp.  This policy would explain it--that is, if Frost isn't releasing new on injuries unless they are season ending.  

13 hours ago, NUance said:

Yeah, I was wondering about injuries too.  We've had almost no news of injuries from this year's camp.  This policy would explain it--that is, if Frost isn't releasing new on injuries unless they are season ending.  

maybe there were less Injuries since guys were actually competing for spots.  Not saying guys injuries weren't legit last year, but wouldn't surprise me if a guy didn't feel like practicing a couple days he would come with a ankle or hamstring and then play on Saturday and be fine.  I feel like this staff wouldn't hesitate to replace people