The time when Mike Tirico called the Colorado Student Section "idiots" (2005 Nebraska @ Colorado)

10 hours ago, FTW said:

Let's just hope we treat CU like any other opponent and don't come out with t-shirts immediately afterwards bragging about beating them. In fact, I hope Frost doesn't proclaim we've returned until he's showered in scarlet and cream confetti hoisting the B1G championship.

I still have my “Restore the Order” shirt!

On 9/5/2018 at 7:58 AM, teachercd said:

Yep!

There are a lot of fans that almost go out of their way to be offended.  I have been to 6 or 7 away games and the closest anything ever came to what some people describe was Purdue fans, at a bar, in the morning, yelling "BOoooooooooo" when we walked in and down the stairs.  Lasted for about 5 seconds.  If that even.

Yeah, I’ve been to quite a few Husker away games over the years and really the only place I was uncomfortable was at Auburn back in 1982. As soon as we walked into the stadium wearing our red, people were throwing cups of pop etc. at us and giving us a pretty hard time. Heck even their mascot  rolled around on the ground mimicking an injured Irving Fryar in a terrible display of sportsmanship. Them folks down there are straight up crazy. They calmed down pretty quick though when we started blowing them out.

3 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Yeah, I’ve been to quite a few Husker away games over the years and really the only place I was uncomfortable was at Auburn back in 1982. As soon as we walked into the stadium wearing our red, people were throwing cups of pop etc. at us and giving us a pretty hard time. Heck even their mascot  rolled around on the ground mimicking an injured Irving Fryar in a terrible display of sportsmanship. Them folks down there are straight up crazy. They calmed down pretty quick though when we started blowing them out.

Good lord...how old are you?  Haha

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

Good lord...how old are you?  Haha

55.....ish :o

That Auburn game was in my 2nd year at UNL. Good times. 5 of us from my frat decided on a last minute whim to head down there and a 6th guy dove in the window of my car as we were pulling out of the driveway. I had a 76 Lemans that would seat 4 comfortably with reasonable room for a 5th guy middle back. We made the last minute 6th guy ride the center console both ways.......about 23 hours. Can’t remember if anyone took clothes but we had plenty of beer. Spent that Friday night at our frat at Mississippi State. They were having their hell week and were pretty serious about their hazing activities. They had an actual real living goat in the house that night. :lol: I mean we always threatened our pledges with having to do a goat to get activated but those MSU guys made the threat a lot more believable when you could hear the goat bleating down the hall. And no, it was never anything more than a harmless threat....

Sorry, got a little carried away telling old war stories.

18 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Did you guys drive down to Auburn?  That had to have been a freaking blast.

See my story above.

Also, Saturday morning somewhere in Alabama we stopped to get gas and relieve ourselves. Of course there were numerous empty beer cans to be dealt with. That’s when the gas station attendant (yes, I’m that old) informed us “this here’s a dry county. Y’all better hide them beer cans. Sheriff sees those and he’ll lock ya up and not even talk to ya for a week”. He was serious. I’d never even heard of a dry county before that :lol:

Yeah, that trip was a blast.

39 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

55.....ish :o

That Auburn game was in my 2nd year at UNL. Good times. 5 of us from my frat decided on a last minute whim to head down there and a 6th guy dove in the window of my car as we were pulling out of the driveway. I had a 76 Lemans that would seat 4 comfortably with reasonable room for a 5th guy middle back. We made the last minute 6th guy ride the center console both ways.......about 23 hours. Can’t remember if anyone took clothes but we had plenty of beer. Spent that Friday night at our frat at Mississippi State. They were having their hell week and were pretty serious about their hazing activities. They had an actual real living goat in the house that night. :lol: I mean we always threatened our pledges with having to do a goat to get activated but those MSU guys made the threat a lot more believable when you could hear the goat bleating down the hall. And no, it was never anything more than a harmless threat....

Sorry, got a little carried away telling old war stories.

There is so much awesome here!

Dude...what was it like staying at another house of your frat in a different state?  Did they let you in on s#!t or not really?

On 9/4/2018 at 6:17 PM, commando said:

i checked out a colorado forum.  they have a 54 page  nebraska hate  thread over there.    i thought maybe it was a revived thread from years ago....nope.  it's all this year.    nice to know they still love us.

https://www.allbuffs.com/threads/official-nebraska-hate-thread.131154/

I actually read the first three pages and each post brought a smile to my face and a few even made me laugh.  I laughed because of the sheer level of pathetic being displayed by all 12 of their fans.  It is hilarious, we get somewhat mocked because we're "living in the past" recalling our 90's run; but they're living in the past, probably fondling themselves, as they recall the single game where they scored 62 on us.  That single game, not the season where the best they could do was get a half of a national championship with Georgia Tech, but one game where they managed to beat us soundly.  As opposed to the countless games where we pounded them into the ground to go along with our 5 NCs, countless conference titles, numerous Outland winners, 3 Heisman winners, and being credited with having the greatest team ever in the entire history of college football.  But right, they have 62-36....way to be utterly pathetic buffs fans.  And remember, you cannot spell scum, without cu.

:tv

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

There is so much awesome here!

Dude...what was it like staying at another house of your frat in a different state?  Did they let you in on s#!t or not really?

They were really nice, great guys except for the southern racist thing. We were all active members at the time so yeah, they told us all about how they were messing with their pledges for hell week. And we all had the same actual ritual activation ceremony so that was no secret. It was fun but it got real uncomfortable as we were sitting on their front porch having a few beers and a couple black guys were walking down the street. Out of the blue, this guy who seemed like a great guy and had been nicer than hell to us yells at these two guys "where ya goin' boy?" I couldn't believe it. The two guys walking just put their heads down and picked up the pace. I can't even really describe what that was like but I figured out real quick that down south they hadn't made near the strides in race relations and equality as we had a bit further north. I mean I didn't see any hoods or anything but I'm guessing there may have been some in the vicinity. I don't know how to describe it other than shocking. That was 36 years ago.....

• Plus1 1