The time when Mike Tirico called the Colorado Student Section "idiots" (2005 Nebraska @ Colorado)

I've been to almost every NU-CU game in Boulder since the mid/late 80's and really haven't experienced anything too terrible. Yeah, there are a lot of loud mouth asshats and yes, some of them crossed the line a few times, talking crap to elderly people and little kids but I really never witnessed any violence or vandalism. Of course, like ColoradoHusk said, I have CO plates so I may have been immune somewhat. I will say they are generally bad fans and pretty poor sports. I did have to throw a guy down the bleachers one year when he started some sh#t with my brother-in-law. He was drunk and flew/slid 20 some rows with only minimal effort from me :lol: Also there was the year they had a big snow storm and didn't bother clearing the visitors section. It was like sitting on a snow hill. They were much worse the few times they won and just a general nuisance when we won.

Edit- I need to correct this for accuracy. I went to virtually every NU-CU game in Boulder from the mid 80’s until 2001. Might have missed 1 game in that span. I even bought season tickets to CU a couple of those years just so I could go to the Nebraska game. But I’ve only been to a couple games at Folsom since the 2001 debacle. That experience coupled with Callahan/Pelini/Riley coached teams really reduced my desire to go to games these last 17 years. So my Boulder experiences may be a bit out of date but I’m sure their fans have not gotten worse than they were in that timeframe and it really wasn’t that bad.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

I'm in Denver and went to the last 5 CU/NU games in Boulder.  Colorado plates, Nebraska window flags, no issues.

I have a tailgate with CU alums I get invited to.  I've been the only one there in red.  No problems.

Nebraska has dominated the matchup so much that it's not an issue.

Does anyone remember what year it was that Ralphie was near where we were huddled pregame and they had a hard time getting Ralphie to come out of the trailer?

4 hours ago, Lyons in the Sea of Red. said:

I'd like to attend the game in Boulder next year, but am still trying to determine how much I need to budget for new tires and paint for after the game. 

I was planning on it, too. Had no idea of the hostility between the teams. 

Is it going to be enjoyable at all? 

10 minutes ago, gorp512 said:

I was planning on it, too. Had no idea of the hostility between the teams. 

Is it going to be enjoyable at all? 

I always have a good time. Just realize that they're more like NFL fans than college football fans. Lots of foul language and ridiculous sh!t-talking (just like there is at NFL, MLB, NBA, etc. games). I'd definitely think twice about taking younger kids though.

11 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I always have a good time. Just realize that they're more like NFL fans than college football fans. Lots of foul language and ridiculous sh!t-talking (just like there is at NFL, MLB, NBA, etc. games). I'd definitely think twice about taking younger kids though.

Figure the alumni association will have a tailgate and section. Stadium looks awesome

I would not hesitate to attend a game at Folsom Field. It's a good time. I think any possible threat of vehicle damage is overblown. I've heard it happened in the past but the late 80's early 90's was a long time ago and it was a pretty nasty series around the time of Sal Aunese. Husker fans weren't without fault either. It was just a good old fashioned nasty rivalry.

• Plus1 1

I've always heard urban legends of piss water bottles and batteries being thrown and cars being keyed and tires being slashed, but I've never met anyone that's actually said it happened to them.

Most fanbases by and large are pretty similar as they're just made up of comparable, normal people. Some are worse or better than others, but even the worst ones are usually pretty harmless overall, especially if you're respectful and courteous. Not saying that really terrible things haven't happened, just that they're the exception.

Reading through some threads on CU boards really just makes me confused and pity them, though. Like, the joke is on you if your hatred of something so arbitrary and meaningless makes you go hours out of your way to not drive through a state, or refuse to wear or own anything of a certain color, or whatever. It's like a junior high pep rally over there.

• Plus1 1