What is most to blame for Nebraska's two losses?

knapplc

0-2  

101 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, MichiganDad3 said:

It is the Solich curse. Lightening eliminated our tune up game. Our best receiver drops in East TD that would have sealed the win. Then we lose our starting QB after the backup quit. We need a committee to create ba plan to end the curse.

Actually it wouldn't have necessarily sealed the win. I think it was 28-27 at that point. So we would have gone up by 8, and then driving back and scoring (along with a hypothetical two point conversion) would have tied it up.

But yeah...Morgan's drop hurt pretty bad.

1 minute ago, StPaulHusker said:

It doesn't mean we win.  

It would have changed the whole complexion of the game from that point forward.  I believe they would have needed a 2 point conversion to tie us if things went the same after that.  We did stop them on the 2pt conversion they did try.

Think also of the momentum change on the 1st fumble by Bell on the opening drive. It looked like we were going to score (not on that play) but the drive.  That probably ends up being a 14 pt swing.  But as the saying goes  "If "IFs and Buts" were candy and nuts, it would be Christmas all year long."   So regardless - we lost the game by poor execution (TO and penalties), not stopping the better QB/WR tandem on the field, and some questionable time mgmt calls.

• Plus1 2

As I look down the active threads on the first page of the Football forum, one thing sticks out to me pretty clearly - I don't think there's a single thread topic about poor defensive play after week 2. 

Seems pretty safe to say that Chinander is a big upgrade over the past three defensive coordinators we've had. So that's incredibly encouraging to me. That was my primary concern heading into the season.

• Plus1 1