We Suck "Megathread" All things Nebraska sucks

I heard people talk about turning off the game in the game thread to go do other things.  That was odd to me.  I watched it from start to finish.  All 4 quarters of sucky football.  I specifically looked for adjustments by the players and staff, focus and effort, etc.  I've had plenty of years of practice now in how to disassociate myself from the simple rah-rah college party part of it and look at things more objectively. 

We have a new staff and new schemes so their is no better way to figure out what they are doing then to watch them try to do it.  That's what other coaches will do, even if we're playing poorly.  I even saw our fans in the Michigan stadium there after Michigan fans had left.

I didn't turn of the game because doing that sucks.  To me, it would feel too much like leaving my kid's game early because my kid was having a bad game.  I'd never do that.

P.S. Runza puts too much salt in their Runzas.  After eating my wife's sweet bread version, I can't eat Runzas anymore and just order a hamburger.

16 minutes ago, InOmaha said:

I heard people talk about turning off the game in the game thread to go do other things.  That was odd to me.  I watched it from start to finish.  All 4 quarters of sucky football.  I specifically looked for adjustments by the players and staff, focus and effort, etc.  I've had plenty of years of practice now in how to disassociate myself from the simple rah-rah college party part of it and look at things more objectively. 

We have a new staff and new schemes so their is no better way to figure out what they are doing then to watch them try to do it.  That's what other coaches will do, even if we're playing poorly.  I even saw our fans in the Michigan stadium there after Michigan fans had left.

I didn't turn of the game because doing that sucks.  To me, it would feel too much like leaving my kid's game early because my kid was having a bad game.  I'd never do that.

P.S. Runza puts too much salt in their Runzas.  After eating my wife's sweet bread version, I can't eat Runzas anymore and just order a hamburger.

That's odd to me as well.  Watched every snap this year, like every year.  

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, InOmaha said:

I watched every minute. Just as I have suffered through every miserable minute of the last 16 years as well. 

I have hope and believe in Frost. Unlike previous staffs I did not believe in. 

But the fact still remains we blow of epic proportions and Frost has ALOT of work ahead of him. But it will be fun to watch him turn this around.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

I watched every minute.  Granted, since I was busy during game time and recorded it, I could hit the quick fast forward between plays near the end of the game and did not have to hear the mind-numbing banter of the TV announcers.  When it's not football season I miss watching the games, so I plan on watching as much as I can stand. 

Didn't we at least score as much as Michigan in the 4th quarter?  So we did get better quarter by quarter.  :woo

8 minutes ago, NUsince62 said:

Huskers New Schedule

At Omaha Benson

Maine Maritime Academy

Nebraska State Pennitenary

At Wagner

Coast Guard

You forgot Union College (it's a nursing school), and the State Penn game will always be at their home field which NU would get blown out as the players don't want their kneecaps blown out :D  .

23 hours ago, InOmaha said:

It was 75 and sunny outside while there was a terrible game of football on the TV. I turned it off and took my older kid to the golf course for an hour and then took the younger one to the park. There are too many fun things to do on such a beautiful day that don't involve watching a bad game.

I suppose that makes me a bad fan but if DONU wants four hours of my attention on the weekend they need to put out an entertaining product.

• Plus1 2