The Angry Violent Right

55 minutes ago, OTHusker said:

I think many have zero problem at all with trump shaking up the gop

while I think trump is a buffoon I’m glad he shook up the gop

people are sick of party politics and politicians promising things they choose not to deliver on so they can avoid bad press and avoid making unpopular decisions so they can retain their cushy jobs

when the gop had the presidency house and senate they made no progress on trimming spending

put us into the middle of costly useless wars and nation building 

let foreign countries take advantage of us on trade 

fail to call a spade a spade and refusing to call out the bias and corruption of major media and big tech 

did nothing to put term limits in place 

many conservatives are sick of the double talk and lack of backbone so sick of it they would hold their nose and vote for someone that is blunt and disruptive

sheer frustration for many 

im no trump supporter- so many things not to like about him and frustrated that his ego, short sightedness and immaturity get in the way of him being effective 

I understand and can empathize with their frustration 

I wish Ross Perot was 40 years younger he was the last general election candidate for president that I felt good about voting for 

What are the ways in which Trump has fixed the things you’re talking about? Most of the things you listed haven’t changed with Trump in charge.

And skip the blunt talking part as if it, in itself, helps the country.

Someone pmd me about why I thought Clinton was a great president while Obama wasnt

im all about the results 

not the person

kept us out of needless costly and bloody wars 

Helped cut spending as percentage of gdp

presided over budget surplus

welfare rolls cut in half thanks to work and education requirements that became law 

crime dropped significantly due to additional police,  enforcement and punishment measures 

unemployment at 4 percent 

was able to work with the gop to get almost all of their contract with America passed- the last time imo that real work and change ever happened in Washington 

obama

i see a very wise and effective communicator that made most of us feel very good about electing someone who was black

but he accomplished little of substance and set race relations back 50 years 

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, OTHusker said:

obama

i see a very wise and effective communicator that made most of us feel very good about electing someone who was black

This is utter B.S. You continue to just make things up.

• Plus1 1

Ok

so do you really think race relations were better in 2016 or 2008?

Before and after Obama

race relations are better now?

really? 

under the tutteladge of race hustler/blackmailer al sharpton who met with the president over 55 times in the White House to this day has never apologized or aknowledged his part in the twana Brawley hoax that he orchestrated and was determined to purposely destroy the lives of innocent men for racist political gain and noteriety 

31 minutes ago, OTHusker said:

Someone pmd me about why I thought Clinton was a great president while Obama wasnt

im all about the results 

not the person

kept us out of needless costly and bloody wars 

Helped cut spending as percentage of gdp

presided over budget surplus

welfare rolls cut in half thanks to work and education requirements that became law 

crime dropped significantly due to additional police,  enforcement and punishment measures 

unemployment at 4 percent 

was able to work with the gop to get almost all of their contract with America passed- the last time imo that real work and change ever happened in Washington 

obama

What about the economic turnaround that happened under Obama? That for me is a big reason I see Obama as a good president. Bush left Obama with a mess and Obama cleaned that mess up which goes a long way in my book. 

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

What about the economic turnaround that happened under Obama? That for me is a big reason I see Obama as a good president. Bush left Obama with a mess and Obama cleaned that mess up which goes a long way in my book. 

Thanks to adding more debt to our books and backs of our children than all previous presidents combined

im no fan of either bush 

On 10/11/2018 at 12:39 PM, knapplc said:

Some of the most assuredly not angry folks who attend Trump rallies.

nQoRga0.jpg VMtjaVr.jpg

CRCG5Bw.png

wUF8LcW.jpg

nEyTsnj.jpg

If thugs hunted down and attacked Bernie supporters after his rallies  it would be front page news

every democrat would be grabbing a microphone

every late night host would be crying crocodile tears

a national emergency would be called 

But instead only because these were conservatives being hunted down like animals and attacked by angry mobs, most people have never seen it at all

if that doesn’t show media bias I don’t know what does

why weren’t these poor victims being trotted out by all the major news media  ?

in all honesty- be truthful

if these were Bernie supporters or Hillary supporters being hunted down- how many tv shows and interviews would the victims get the next day??

I thought freedom of speech and association were bedrock principles we could all get behind?

This will be a crickets post for sure 

• Thanks 1
12 hours ago, Landlord said:

Russia - this is not a liberal topic. it's a topical topic.

Racism - again, not a liberal topic. 

Trump's Foreign Policy - uhh....not a liberal topic?

White Privilege - I'll give you this as a 'liberal topic' but also there is no white privilege thread so wtf you talking about?

Trump taking credit where none is due - eh, I guess from a certain vantage point anything critical of Trump is liberal so sure, whatever

Trump Fake Wall Emergency - see above

Voter Fraud - This isn't a liberal topic. If anything conservatives talk about this way more. But then again, the topic is about real voter fraud not imagined, so maybe that is a liberal topic?

Please read my post

i clearly stated nearly all the topics were EITHER liberal or bashing trump

voter fraud thread was all about the fallacy that there is none from the left it’s all from the right 

really

go right down the list

it looks like the daily topic drivel from morning joe on msnbc 

far from anything remotely balanced 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, OTHusker said:

Please read my post

i clearly stated nearly all the topics were EITHER liberal or bashing trump

voter fraud thread was all about the fallacy that there is none from the left it’s all from the right 

really

go right down the list

it looks like the daily topic drivel from morning joe on msnbc 

far from anything remotely balanced 

Stick around and balance it out

Nebf

no one is willing to admit 

that the topics are a tsunami of liberal and anti trump threads that don’t come anywhere close to mirroring where most Nebraskans voted or stand politically

its like 9 of 10 topics 

that was my point 

i get not everyone lives here

ive lived in 6 other states and get those populations and their newspapers (wow- crazy stuff) are different than here

that can’t account for a lot 

I’m guessing it has far more to do with the demographic of those posting on a board like this 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Nebfanatic said:

Obama's going to go down in history as a pretty decent president, responsible for righting the ship after the disaster of Bush's 2nd term.

He's going to shine in comparison to the Russian stooge that followed him.  And the people who voted for and continue to enable 45 by their overt actions and/or silence will have one of the worst legacies in American history. Some people right here on this board are going to be remembered the way we remember McCarthy or Nixon.

But hey, let's keep complaining about those darned libs and their affordable healthcare and their tan suits! <shakes fist at sky>

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, knapplc said:

Obama's going to go down in history as a pretty decent president, responsible for righting the ship after the disaster of Bush's 2nd term.

He's going to shine in comparison to the Russian stooge that followed him.  And the people who voted for and continue to enable 45 by their overt actions and/or silence will have one of the worst legacies in American history. Some people right here on this board are going to be remembered the way we remember McCarthy or Nixon.

But hey, let's keep complaining about those darned libs and their affordable healthcare and their tan suits! <shakes fist at sky>

I think a lot of those screaming Russia Russia Russia are going to go down in history like the clinton haters who had Ken Starr expand his probe to get bill on lying about monica

most of America with the exception of the hard right clinton haters, could have cared less

just like the clinton haters now look foolish when we look back on this 

so will the Russia Russia Russia crowd

it was wrong then, its wrong now 

with the exception of the obsessed trump haters and Msbc folks are going to care 10 years from now

whats going to be remembered was

an expanded probe based on a fake dossier paid for by clinton which paid Russian sources and relied on very scetchy Russians with lots of it proven to be false

an fbi that hated trump and was looking for an insurance policy to keep him out

It will go down as sour grapes

hillary lost

because she was a lazy flawed corrupt candidate 

and a sizable group of Americans got sick of hearing how awful our country is when In reality most of us are caring, loving , fair and hard working folks 

Russia didn’t swing the election with 100 k 

In Facebook adds and a few bots

theyve always meddled

The liberal candidate lost 

As we’ve all done in past elections

we get over it and move on 

If anything every American should be fearful that the bare knuckle politics and  fbi would try an end run to circumvent an election or try and invoke the 25 th amendment in a way it was never intended to be used 

Like with bill clinton I don’t even like the guy- trump that is 

but if the shoe was on the other foot this would be playing out much differently as   Always

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2

Just more wholesome family values from the NRA.

NRA Runs Ad Headlined 'Target Practice' Next to Photo of Nancy Pelosi

Former Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords, who was a victim of gun violence, is also in the ad

7mUxAD3.png

The National Rifle Association is under fire for running an ad with the headline “Target Practice” next to a photo House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and former Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords - who was shot in the head.