The Angry Violent Right

2 minutes ago, TheSker said:

I don't know the specific political leaning of anyone......nor do I care.....nor is it my business.

The only thing I can say is from observation if someone who leans right and/or supports Trump they would not find "thoughtful" discussion here.

There is your problem. You are linking leaning right with supporting Trump, and while the two have some correlation, you can lean right and really dislike Trump. In fact I'm surprised more conservatives aren't anti Trump since he is destroying the GOP.

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, OTHusker said:

Trump is worst president in history?

again a bridge too far 

criticism is great

making the next jump makes you look like a fanatic 

I’m no trump fan but you must be pretty young

ive lived through some pretty awful presidents - based on results not tone or likeability :

johnson

nixon

carter

bush

obama 

Obama worse than Trump? You must be joking.

Just now, Nebfanatic said:

There is your problem. You are linking leaning right with supporting Trump, and while the two have some correlation, you can lean right and really dislike Trump. In fact I'm surprised more conservatives aren't anti Trump since he is destroying the GOP.

And/or is a very key part of what I wrote.  Don't overlook details......

2 minutes ago, TheSker said:

3!  Wowzers!

At least 3. I didn't want to say most of the posters here because, while true, you would just say its not true then ignore me when I post evidence that it is.

1 minute ago, TheSker said:

I brought up the "many" number of posters.

Would you agree "many" and "most" are essentially the same. Isn't it just semantics? 

6 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

At least 3. I didn't want to say most of the posters here because, while true, you would just say its not true then ignore me when I post evidence that it is.

Would you agree "many" and "most" are essentially the same. Isn't it just semantics? 

I would agree that "many" and "most" = 3

Oops......= "at least" 3.

• Plus1 1

There are a handful of very progressive people that routinely engage in P&R.

There are a handful, albeit a smaller handful, of very conservative people that also routinely engage.

There are a whole bunch of moderates and centrists in slightly different positions and directions that overall lean center left I'd imagine. 

Yes, the board leans more left than right. The board also leans more data and evidence and backing up claims than it does ad hominem and fake news. Maybe there's a correlation there. Maybe there isn't. If you don't like the demographics of political representation in this forum, I guess you could whine about it like a bitch. Or you can treat the exchange of ideas like a meritocracy, something the political right loves to believe in, and offer something compelling. 

• Plus1 3

If reporters, talk show hosts , etc were making things up or skewing/exaggerating  things I would say the “bashing”was too much . Through his incessant unfiltered tweets, rally’s, appearances on FOX, and poor speeches , Trump gives them a steady stream of dumb/untruthful things to make fun of and criticize. He makes it way too easy on them and I think it’s his own fault . 

• Plus1 3
8 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

I think many have zero problem at all with trump shaking up the gop

while I think trump is a buffoon I’m glad he shook up the gop

people are sick of party politics and politicians promising things they choose not to deliver on so they can avoid bad press and avoid making unpopular decisions so they can retain their cushy jobs

when the gop had the presidency house and senate they made no progress on trimming spending

put us into the middle of costly useless wars and nation building 

let foreign countries take advantage of us on trade 

fail to call a spade a spade and refusing to call out the bias and corruption of major media and big tech 

did nothing to put term limits in place 

many conservatives are sick of the double talk and lack of backbone so sick of it they would hold their nose and vote for someone that is blunt and disruptive

sheer frustration for many 

im no trump supporter- so many things not to like about him and frustrated that his ego, short sightedness and immaturity get in the way of him being effective 

I understand and can empathize with their frustration 

I wish Ross Perot was 40 years younger he was the last general election candidate for president that I felt good about voting for 

• Plus1 1
9 hours ago, TheSker said:

There are literally so few that post in this part of the forum, especially regularly, that it would not take you much time.

9 hours ago, TheSker said:

3!  Wowzers!

Speaking of ignoring the details, “at least 3” can be considered many when there are “so few that post in this part of the forum.”

I doubt there are more than 5 liberals who post in this part of the forum.