The Angry Violent Right

2 minutes ago, OTHusker said:

I must live in a shell upscale suburbia

i don’t personally have any friends or relatives who stated anything like that

surr I’m guessing they exist

however didn’t Obama win 2 elections

Obama received less votes from White voters than both people he ran against.

But that’s irrelevant. If you had only something like 5% of the White voters pissed off a Black man was president, they’d be noticeable enough to cause problems.

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Well....then, during Obama's term, we had some major issues come to light about police actions against black people.  Some of those were unarmed, on video tape, shot in the back....etc.  Rightfully so, black communities were not happy about this and protested.  

Question....what about this was Obama's fault?

I’m 100 percent against police abuse and brutality I’ve been a victim of it myself

it happens 

but the narrative of this being a major problem just isn’t supported by the real data read with An open mind

https://imprimis.hillsdale.edu/the-danger-of-the-black-lives-matter-movement/

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, knapplc said:

Wow. The right-wingers on this site just continue to make this thread the gold that it is.  Now we're slamming AOC for her apartment.

This is Obama's tan suit and Mom Jeans all over again. 

Our conservative friends are more than willing to complain about Obama's attire, Hillary's emails, and now AOC's living arrangements, all in an attempt to assassinate the character of their ideological opponents.

Meanwhile, Trump does Trump stuff and... nary a peep of protest from them. 

Brilliant, conservatives.  Brilliant.  It's a really good look complaining about this stuff.

PizGJXg.gif

I mean they know her political positions are popular among the majority of Americans so they got to find something else to criticize her about.

Its the same with Bernie Sanders, hes probably the most popular politican in the country and his policies are popular, so lets criticize him for having three homes instead. 

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, OTHusker said:

I’m 100 percent against police abuse and brutality I’ve been a victim of it myself

it happens 

but the narrative of this being a major problem just isn’t supported by the real data read with An open mind

https://imprimis.hillsdale.edu/the-danger-of-the-black-lives-matter-movement/

I'm confused as to why this is pertinent to my post.  The discussion was about race relations under Obama and if it got worse.  I stated that I can see why people think it got worse...but question, why it's Obama's fault.  

Certain incidents came to light during Obama's term.  None of which Obama was a part of.  

Why would Obama be blamed for the issues with race relations that happened under him....other than...well...being black.

• Plus1 2
4 hours ago, OTHusker said:

You should really try reading the articles you link, as once again this supports what I said: some of the Steele dossier has been proven and none of it has been disproven. From your link:

Michael Isikoff, the chief investigative correspondent for Yahoo News, said Saturday during an interview on conservative commentator John Ziegler's "Free Speech Broadcasting" podcast that "Steele was clearly onto something" in his probe into the campaign's Russian connection but evidence has not surfaced to support some of his specific assertions. 

Steele was correct to suspect "that there was a major Kremlin effort to interfere in our elections, that they were trying to help Trump's campaign, and that there were multiple contacts between various Russian figures close to the government and various people in the Trump campaign," Isikoff said.

Basically, the reporter is saying that evidence hasn't surfaced for some of the claims in the dossier, which means those specific claims cannot be proven true or untrue.

• Plus1 4

I would argue that an internet enabled video camera in everyone's pocket, the rise of social media to the masses, and the 24-hour news cycle played a much bigger role in race relations during Obama's time in office than anything else. Things that people (myself included) didn't want to believe were happening could no longer be ignored when there's video evidence.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Frott Scost said:

I mean they know her political positions are popular among the majority of Americans so they got to find something else to criticize her about.

Its the same with Bernie Sanders, hes probably the most popular politican in the country and his policies are popular, so lets criticize him for having three homes instead. 

Ocs is popular in nyc

she isn’t mainstream at all

even people like Lieberman think she’s a kook 

if you think sanders is most popular guy out there you travel in a pretty tight enclosed circle

Edited by OTHusker
  • Plus1 1
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm confused as to why this is pertinent to my post.  The discussion was about race relations under Obama and if it got worse.  I stated that I can see why people think it got worse...but question, why it's Obama's fault.  

Certain incidents came to light during Obama's term.  None of which Obama was a part of.  

Why would Obama be blamed for the issues with race relations that happened under him....other than...well...being black.

Very pertinent 

race relations got worse because a false narrative that blacks were consistently being targeted and singled out for murder by white police officers and that police and our establishment didn’t care about blacks 

the data simply doesn’t support that 

read the article and real facts 

obama chose to fan the flames of this lie instead of standing up and telling the truth 

hands up dont shoot was a bold faced lie according to black witnesses

freddy gray

most of the people responsible were black

the list goes on and on 

they lose so much credibility 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, OTHusker said:

Very pertinent 

race relations got worse because a false narrative that blacks were consistently being targeted and singled out for murder by white police officers and that police and our establishment didn’t care about blacks 

obama chose to fan the flames of this lie instead of standing up and telling the truth 

I did read the article. 

Again....why is this Obama's fault?

• Plus1 3

23 minutes ago, OTHusker said:

Ocs is popular in nyc

she isn’t mainstream at all

even people like Lieberman think she’s a kook 

if you think sanders is most popular guy out there you travel in a pretty tight enclosed circle

You’ll find that most people who post here aren’t pulling these things out of their asses or from the circles they run in. You could ask @Frott Scost to back it up with sources, though. 

On 2/23/2019 at 7:56 PM, TheSker said:

I don't know the specific political leaning of anyone......nor do I care.....nor is it my business.

The only thing I can say is from observation if someone who leans right and/or supports Trump they would not find "thoughtful" discussion here.

Have you been to any other political boards or comments section?

Although the ratio may not split the way you prefer, the discussion is thoughtful and the supporting research reflects that.

Also, please stop pretending you don't care. You do. Obviously.

I'll go back to my previous posts admitting that this board does tend to lean anti-Trump, unlike the state itself.

I'm open to your theory. 

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Have you been to any other political boards or comments section?

Although the ratio may not split the way you prefer, the discussion is thoughtful and the supporting research reflects that.

Also, please stop pretending you don't care. You do. Obviously.

I'll go back to my previous posts admitting that this board does tend to lean anti-Trump, unlike the state itself.

I'm open to your theory. 

The original argument wasn’t about Trump. It was about conservatives. I don’t think anyone would argue that a large majority who post here do not support Trump. There isn’t even a point in discussing that.

1 hour ago, OTHusker said:

Very pertinent 

hands up dont shoot was a bold faced lie according to black witnesses

freddy gray

most of the people responsible were black

the list goes on and on 

they lose so much credibility 

Except the data does support the hypothesis that there is a problem. 

http://www.tampabay.com/projects/2017/investigations/florida-police-shootings/database/

In Florida, from 2009 to 2014;

41% of people shot by police were black,

40% were white

African Americans make up just 16% of Florida's population!

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1