The Angry Violent Right

9 hours ago, Landlord said:

The internet and message boards in general usually skew a bit left. This board also skews left, but many of the conservatives, of which there are plenty, either don't want to post in the P&R forum or have tried and found it to not be enjoyable. This board also skews more left than the state would because there are Husker fans from all over the country on this board, not just from the remarkably red state boundaries.

Skewed left is putting it very mildly

just go down the topic list

almost every single one is a liberal topic or bashing trump 

Russia Russia russia

racism in america

trump foreign policy 

white privledge 

trump taking credit when none due

trump fake wall emergency

voter fraud- there is none 

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, TheSker said:

Your definition of "many" seems similar to Donald Trump's use of the word "many".

Like I said, didn't have time or motivation to name more, but pretty much everyone who posts regularly in this forum is moderate or right of moderate. I can only think of a handful of posters who I would classify as liberal.

3 minutes ago, OTHusker said:

Russia Russia russia

racism in america

trump foreign policy 

white privledge 

I didn't know those were specifically liberal issues. Only liberals bash Trump? Maybe Trump is just a bad president??

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, OTHusker said:

Russia Russia russia

racism in america

trump foreign policy 

white privledge 

Russia - this is not a liberal topic. it's a topical topic.

Racism - again, not a liberal topic. 

Trump's Foreign Policy - uhh....not a liberal topic?

White Privilege - I'll give you this as a 'liberal topic' but also there is no white privilege thread so wtf you talking about?

Trump taking credit where none is due - eh, I guess from a certain vantage point anything critical of Trump is liberal so sure, whatever

Trump Fake Wall Emergency - see above

Voter Fraud - This isn't a liberal topic. If anything conservatives talk about this way more. But then again, the topic is about real voter fraud not imagined, so maybe that is a liberal topic?

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
11 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Like I said, didn't have time or motivation to name more, but pretty much everyone who posts regularly in this forum is moderate or right of moderate.

There are literally so few that post in this part of the forum, especially regularly, that it would not take you much time.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, TheSker said:

There are literally so few that post in this part of the forum, especially regularly, that it would not take you much time.

Landlord, TGHusker, Zrod, BRB, Knapplc, Guy Chamberlain, sometimes teachercd ventures over here. Name me a few liberal posters since there are so many

Bear in mind the posters I just referenced probably account for about 75% of this part of the boards posts.

Please just go from top to bottom

with an open mind

ask yourself

is this a topic where liberals are bashing conservatives or a republican president

look at the topics

then look at the participation

to think this forum slightly skews left is like saying trump has a bit of an ego 

while I’m not a trump supporter

like many we are very sick of the constant bashing and piling on

no matter what position trump takes the media and his haters are going to jump on

a bridge too far

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Nebfanatic said:

Landlord, TGHusker, Zrod, BRB, Knapplc, Guy Chamberlain, sometimes teachercd ventures over here. Name me a few liberal posters since there are so many

I didn't use the word "many".

And I don't really care about the political views of individual posters.

My post was in reference to your use of "many" to indicate a large number.

Just now, TheSker said:

I didn't use the word "many".

And I don't really care about the political views of individual posters.

My post was in reference to your use of "many" to indicate a large number.

Would you prefer I used the term 'most of'? I feel as if that is pretty synonomys with 'many' but thats just me. I think the major point I'm trying to make is the board is not overwhelmingly left as has been stated. If there are so few moderates and right of moderate, that would mean that liberals make up the majority right? Thats what you said in your post, if we want to nitpick. Funny how you can't name me anybody.

11 minutes ago, OTHusker said:

Please just go from top to bottom

with an open mind

ask yourself

is this a topic where liberals are bashing conservatives or a republican president

look at the topics

then look at the participation

to think this forum slightly skews left is like saying trump has a bit of an ego 

while I’m not a trump supporter

like many we are very sick of the constant bashing and piling on

no matter what position trump takes the media and his haters are going to jump on

a bridge too far

Thats what Trump gets for being the worst President in our lifetime. Are we supposed to celebrate this guy? He is terrible and in Russias back pocket. Just because people call him like they see him doesn't mean they are liberal.

I also like your whole "I'm not a Trump supporter but I get upset when people critisize him too much" schtick

Oh and a quick question if I may...did you get very sick when Fox and all of conservative America were bashing and piling on Obama? 

• Plus1 4

Trump is worst president in history?

again a bridge too far 

criticism is great

making the next jump makes you look like a fanatic 

I’m no trump fan but you must be pretty young

the obsessive over the top hatred for the guy by many on the left and all the piling on in major media, cable, late night and everyone but fox is just too over the top - a bit much 

ive lived through some pretty awful presidents - based on results not tone or likeability :

johnson

nixon

carter

bush

obama 

seen some very good ones too

reagan

clinton

kennedy 

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Would you prefer I used the term 'most of'? I feel as if that is pretty synonomys with 'many' but thats just me. I think the major point I'm trying to make is the board is not overwhelmingly left as has been stated. If there are so few moderates and right of moderate, that would mean that liberals make up the majority right? Thats what you said in your post, if we want to nitpick. Funny how you can't name me anybody.

I don't know the specific political leaning of anyone......nor do I care.....nor is it my business.

The only thing I can say is from observation if someone who leans right and/or supports Trump they would not find "thoughtful" discussion here.

• Plus1 2
Just now, TheSker said:

I don't know the specific political leaning of anyone......nor do I care.....nor is it my business.

The only thing I can say is from observation if someone who leans right and/or supports Trump they would not find "thoughtful" discussion here.

Most Trump supporters wouldn't know thoughtful discussion if they saw it.

There are several right leaning people and Republicans who participate in thoughtful discussion here.

• Plus1 1