*** Official Bethune-Cookman Game Thread ***

Mavric

2 minutes ago, olddominionhusker said:

Because it’s not a fair comparison. Bunch played with a first team offense. Vedral played with backups across the board at every position. All I’m saying is I’m reserving judgement until I see an apples to apples comparison. And the TD Vedral scored today Bunch doesn’t have the athleticism to pull off

Bunch also played with backups in the spring game. He throws the ball with more velocity, that translates despite the pieces.

We’re not talking about choosing the starter for the Packers here, Vedral just didn’t pass the eyeball test today as a passer. Both he and Bunch look pretty clueless in the decision making department, but Bunch appears to be more accurate.

Vedral has the advantage in running though, but that’s not much of an advantage if the defense thinks you can’t pass.

They need to fix this in case Martinez gets injured....we are not OK and it will not just work itself out with time. This situation won’t buff out.

11 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

We’re not talking about choosing the starter for the Packers here, Vedral just didn’t pass the eyeball test today as a passer. Both he and Bunch look pretty clueless in the decision making department, but Bunch appears to be more accurate.

Vedral has the advantage in running though, but that’s not much of an advantage if the defense thinks you can’t pass.

They need to fix this in case Martinez gets injured....we are not OK and it will not just work itself out with time. This situation won’t buff out.

How would you like them to fix it? Recruit another 4 * who will be happy to sit behind Martinez for three years? Yeah that would be great. Unfortunately, unless you are a Clemson or Alabama that’s is a tall order. We saw what happened with Gebbia. 

Or maybe, the coaches think they can work with these guys and make them serviceable backups given some time. 

We have seen one half of football from Vedral who hasn’t played in a year and with no starters on the offense. We have one game and change on Bunch who was thrown into the fire unexpectedly with a team already dealing with a ton of changes. It’s completely unreasonable to expect that they were just going to stroll in in these situations and be a revelation. It’s not fair to judge either guy really. The coaches see these guys practice every day. They will figure out if they are the solutions or not. I think they probably have a better idea then any of us

5 minutes ago, olddominionhusker said:

How would you like them to fix it? Recruit another 4 * who will be happy to sit behind Martinez for three years? Yeah that would be great. Unfortunately, unless you are a Clemson or Alabama that’s is a tall order. We saw what happened with Gebbia. 

Or maybe, the coaches think they can work with these guys and make them serviceable backups given some time. 

We have seen one half of football from Vedral who hasn’t played in a year and with no starters on the offense. We have one game and change on Bunch who was thrown into the fire unexpectedly with a team already dealing with a ton of changes. It’s completely unreasonable to expect that they were just going to stroll in in these situations and be a revelation. It’s not fair to judge either guy really. The coaches see these guys practice every day. They will figure out if they are the solutions or not. I think they probably have a better idea then any of us

Look here, I know you must be his dad or brother or something.... we already have a 4 Star coming next year who should pass these guys based on what I’ve seen. If I was the coach and concerned about winning the rest of the games this year, I’d go Steve Spurrier on these two and get them serviceable. I don’t want to hear anymore that they’re just learning basic things 2/3 through the season.

I know Martinez is the focus but they make enough money to do it all and it don’t appear to be getting done.

25 minutes ago, olddominionhusker said:

I will call Coach Frost first thing in the morning and let him know that Hayseed is very upset about his attention to the second string QB position and finds this level of effort unacceptable at his salary. Hayseed demands results now Scott!!!

Thanks, and put in a good word for your boy.

• Plus1 1

Which one? If you actually read what I wrote I defended both. That’s what reserving judgement means. I said it wasn’t fair to judge either based on sample size. You quoted the post. I guess you just didn’t bother to read it first. Only reason I was specifically defending Vedral earlier is because he was the one being targeted by the knee jerk reactions today. 

22 minutes ago, olddominionhusker said:

Which one? If you actually read what I wrote I defended both. That’s what reserving judgement means. I said it wasn’t fair to judge either based on sample size. You quoted the post. I guess you just didn’t bother to read it first. Only reason I was specifically defending Vedral earlier is because he was the one being targeted by the knee jerk reactions today. 

I think both Vedral and Bunch are about equal in terms of ability to lead the team to a win....with Bunch looking like a more accurate passer. Both need a lot of work, but I understand your point about defending Vedral. The only thing I wanted to see in this game was how good Vedral is as a backup...that's why the constructive criticism is mostly about him and his coach. Basically this year they're digging out of the hole that Riley left.

6 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

I think both Vedral and Bunch are about equal in terms of ability to lead the team to a win....with Bunch looking like a more accurate passer. Both need a lot of work, but I understand your point about defending Vedral. The only thing I wanted to see in this game was how good Vedral is as a backup...that's why the constructive criticism is mostly about him and his coach. Basically this year they're digging out of the hole that Riley left.

Unfortunately the new college football landscape will make things like this more common. We had a great QB situation if Gebbia stayed. But now so many kids will just up and leave when things don’t turn out how they want. I understand it but it doesn’t make it any less frustrating 

• Fire 1

5 hours ago, olddominionhusker said:

Because it’s not a fair comparison. Bunch played with a first team offense. Vedral played with backups across the board at every position. All I’m saying is I’m reserving judgement until I see an apples to apples comparison. And the TD Vedral scored today Bunch doesn’t have the athleticism to pull off. At the end of the day Frost will make that call though and he knows more then either of us. I’ll trust his judgement considering he watches them both every day

Bunch also played against tougher competition, but the 1st team was still learning the offense.