*** Official Bethune-Cookman Game Thread ***

Mavric

14 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Really not sure why people are complaining so much about our 2nd team in a season where we're 2-6. Our first team has plenty of problems, of course our 2nd team isn't going to look great against anyone.

Lack of perspective, even in a game like this, is amazing to see. 

12 minutes ago, bugeater17 said:

Vedral looks shaky in the passing game. Not only on the duck he threw across the middle that was picked but very inaccurate on quick throws to the perimeter. 

A lot of it is timing which isn’t going to be there when you haven’t played in a year. The INT I’m assuming just got away from him because it had nothing on it. 

Also as I said before he was under heavy pressure more often then not. It’s hard to get your timing right when you have the DL in your backfield from the word Go. Vedral will be fine

27 minutes ago, olddominionhusker said:

A lot of it is timing which isn’t going to be there when you haven’t played in a year. The INT I’m assuming just got away from him because it had nothing on it. 

Also as I said before he was under heavy pressure more often then not. It’s hard to get your timing right when you have the DL in your backfield from the word Go. Vedral will be fine

Heavy pressure didn’t affect a couple of the short passes to the edge which were way off the mark.

2 minutes ago, bugeater17 said:

Heavy pressure didn’t affect a couple of the short passes to the edge which were way off the mark.

Well, yes it can. Just because you aren’t under pressure that particular play you can start to rush throws and crap like that happens. He also had one thrown perfectly dropped by Jones. You think little swing passes like that should be automatic but they still require timing and not playing in a game situation in a year you are just going to to see that happen. 

2 minutes ago, olddominionhusker said:

Well, yes it can. Just because you aren’t under pressure that particular play you can start to rush throws and crap like that happens. He also had one thrown perfectly dropped by Jones. You think little swing passes like that should be automatic but they still require timing and not playing in a game situation in a year you are just going to to see that happen. 

So you’d agree he looked shaky? It may just be rust, but you can’t deny his passing was shaky - which is what I initially posted. 

1 hour ago, Nebfanatic said:

Why so many excuses for Vedral? He has been here long enough. Imo Bunch has looked better since Frost has been here in the limited action we have seen yhe two play. It's not an earth shattering thing to say.

Because it’s not a fair comparison. Bunch played with a first team offense. Vedral played with backups across the board at every position. All I’m saying is I’m reserving judgement until I see an apples to apples comparison. And the TD Vedral scored today Bunch doesn’t have the athleticism to pull off. At the end of the day Frost will make that call though and he knows more then either of us. I’ll trust his judgement considering he watches them both every day