Will our democracy survive Trump?

Will our Democracy survive Trump?  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I agree with you....most Nebraska fans I have ever met lean to the right and do not support what the American Left has become. I have even had some on here send me PMs thanking me for representing their voice as they choose not to wade into the abyss.

I'm so tired of people posting this.  

If there are truly that many people who feel that way, they could overwhelm this forum; since it's only the same "dozen" liberal posters anyway.  Tell your friends to quit being so shy.

• Plus1 1

14 hours ago, HuskerNation1 said:

You still didnt answer the question...how did Obamas regulations help encourage economic growth? 

Obama's fiscal policies helped avoid economic catastrophe and encourage economic growth.

His regulations were designed to protect Americans from unfair, unhealthy, and occasionally deadly practices.

Some companies complain that these regulations hurt their profits.

So what exactly is your point?

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I agree with you....most Nebraska fans I have ever met lean to the right and do not support what the American Left has become. I have even had some on here send me PMs thanking me for representing their voice as they choose not to wade into the abyss.

i know a lot of people who don't support what the american right has become.   the trumpstains are going to be hard to wash out of the party.

14 hours ago, TheSker said:

That ratio is in no way representative of Nebraska fans, or even representative of the number on the site.

Most of the P&R forum is the same dozen ish posters with multiple posts.

Yes, I'm well aware of Nebraska's actual voting record. That's why I found the make-up of this forum surprising.

Don't know why that's not reflected on a Nebraska football fansite of all places. Conservative posters aren't shy, especially when they have the numbers.

Also, it doesn't appear that the same dozen-ish posters fit HuskerNation's blanket description of The Left. 

It's interesting. That's all.

• Plus1 1

Well if Trump were the racist partisan that you and others claim, how could he ever offer such praise to a Black Democrat?  

Trump's praise of Gillum was a refreshing surprise. That was a very different tenor than he's taken in the past.

If he keeps that up for another few years, I will adjust my opinion.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

So higher fuel standards led to GDP growth in the US?  I am not discounting that average MPG has risen, but part of this was also driven by market demand given super high gas prices that were occurring. Please explain the correlation between higher CAFE standards and GDP growth.

Are OEMs not part of the economy? We're Auto sales not on the rise? Are people more willing to buy SUVs and trucks when they're more efficient?

High gas prices really didn't have too much of an impact on efficiency of larger vehicles imo. That's why you saw an increase in production of smaller cars, and sedans. Which are now disappearing; because fuel prices have stabilized on the lower end, and you can find almost the same efficiency in an SUV. CAFE also provided a level playing field, every OEM knew they had to meet the same standards or risk punishment. When I know myself and my competitors have the smae target and timeline I'm more willing to take the risks to get their because I know theyust do the same.

2 hours ago, funhusker said:

I'm so tired of people posting this.  

If there are truly that many people who feel that way, they could overwhelm this forum; since it's only the same "dozen" liberal posters anyway.  Tell your friends to quit being so shy.

There are many on the right that prefer to remain silent.  Look at the silent Trump vote from 2016.  I do imagine if you ran a poll of every member on this forum and they all responded you would see more leaning to the right than left.  

45 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Obama's fiscal policies helped avoid economic catastrophe and encourage economic growth.

His regulations were designed to protect Americans from unfair, unhealthy, and occasionally deadly practices.

Some companies complain that these regulations hurt their profits.

So what exactly is your point?

There have been questions on why Trump has been able to take the economy to a different level in the way Dabo Swinney took Clemson to a different level from Tommy Bowden.  There are 2 key things he has done to encourage economic growth.  Number 1...cutting taxes, especially on businesses.  Number 2...cutting regulations.  Some are questioning why cutting regulations would encourage business growth and that is how we ended up in this debate.  I am not saying some regulations are not good, but with just some of the examples I provided, many that Obama enacted discouraged businesses from growing which is why you did not see the economic records being set under his tenure that you are now seeing under Trump.

2 hours ago, funhusker said:

But you don't see the point.  Trump's words are empty, so are his "compliments".

So all the folks on here upset about his words over the past couple years campaigning really should not be using those words to call him a racist?  Just wanting to ensure I understand your logic here.  Any anything Trump has said since becoming a candidate for POTUS should not be used as fodder on here for those that oppose Trump?

1 minute ago, HuskerNation1 said:

So all the folks on here upset about his words over the past couple years campaigning really should not be using those words to call him a racist?  Just wanting to ensure I understand your logic here.  Any anything Trump has said since becoming a candidate for POTUS should not be used as fodder on here for those that oppose Trump?

infinite presidential lies don't matter?

10 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

There have been questions on why Trump has been able to take the economy to a different level in the way Dabo Swinney took Clemson to a different level from Tommy Bowden.  There are 2 key things he has done to encourage economic growth.  Number 1...cutting taxes, especially on businesses.  Number 2...cutting regulations.  Some are questioning why cutting regulations would encourage business growth and that is how we ended up in this debate.  I am not saying some regulations are not good, but with just some of the examples I provided, many that Obama enacted discouraged businesses from growing which is why you did not see the economic records being set under his tenure that you are now seeing under Trump.

Doing exactly what business lobbyists want isn't always good for America.

And sometimes it's not even good for business. 

Trump and the GOP have given some really good crack to people who love crack. Let's check back in when the high wears off and they want more. 

• Fire 1
18 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Doing exactly what business lobbyists want isn't always good for America.

And sometimes it's not even good for business. 

Trump and the GOP have given some really good crack to people who love crack. Let's check back in when the high wears off and they want more. 

I agree I am not a fan of lobbyists, but the nice thing about lowering the corp rate to a consistent level is that ot does not play favorites and encourages all businesses to grow. I agree about the crack analogy and it can also relate to the Dems encouraging more govt assistance to the point it creates an entitlement/dependency culture in exchange for getting votes. 

16 minutes ago, commando said:

i was?  please pull up that quote for me.  i am sure i never said anything like that.

You said his words were empty and so are his compliments.  If you are arguing you cant take him at his word for a compliment then you cant take him at his word when he is critical of others either. 

50 minutes ago, commando said:

infinite presidential lies don't matter?

Stop bashing Obama...this thread is only focused making Trump look bad. :)