*** Official Michigan State Game Thread ***

Mavric

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Defense is doing what it's supposed to.  Frost needs to adjust his offense to this weather.  Should have came in thinking we were going to run Ozigbo about 35 times.

I understand that Mich St has the best run D in the country.  We have one of the best running games in the country....The previous meetings, we have always gotten more yards per carry than they're average.  Our play calling is making u one dimensional going against 20-25 mph winds.  Force them to account for our running game.  IMHO, we are not making them or trying to make them account for this aspect of our game. Oh, I'd turn AMart loose to run and roll the pocket.  Their D is getting too much pressure with 4 guys.  Need to do quick screens, misdirection to slow them up some.....

We may get the ball to start the second half if MSU takes the wind.  We need to be aggressive and flip the run/pass play selection and run when it feels like throw and throw when it feels like run.   We haven't tried to run it 4 times in a row to get a first down.  I think we can push our way down the field with about 8 runs and 2 throws ratio instead of about 50/50 ratio.

1 minute ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

We may get the ball to start the second half if MSU takes the wind.  We need to be aggressive and flip the run/pass play selection and run when it feels like throw and throw when it feels like run.   We haven't tried to run it 4 times in a row to get a first down.  I think we can push our way down the field with about 8 runs and 2 throws ratio instead of about 50/50 ratio.

Said it all half.  I know their run D is best in the country, BUT why stop trying to run.  Why make them only account for the pass pinning their ears back and rushing in.  Get that run game going and them quick hitting passes.  Their getting pressure with 4 and sitting 11 guys back in coverage.  Flip that.