Other College Football Recruiting News

13 hours ago, krc1995 said:

Masry Mapieu is in the transfer portal. 

Looks like they were moving him to OL - his position on the roster is OL and his listed number is 71, but in his picture he's got a DL number  - 93 - and his (limited) stats are all tackles. Wonder if that's some of the reason. Hasn't exactly been setting the world on fire there, but he was pretty raw. Wonder if we'll continue the trend of gobbling up any D1 transfers willing to walk-on.

15 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

Looks like they were moving him to OL - his position on the roster is OL and his listed number is 71, but in his picture he's got a DL number  - 93 - and his (limited) stats are all tackles. Wonder if that's some of the reason. Hasn't exactly been setting the world on fire there, but he was pretty raw. Wonder if we'll continue the trend of gobbling up any D1 transfers willing to walk-on.

I’m from York, but live near Lafayette now so I’ve kept a close eye on Masry.  Watched him at a Dukes football game a few years ago, and he looked huge. Of course that’s compared to normal high school students. Watched him last fall and thought he looked small. He only played on ST I think. 

I know the family well. I’ve never met Masry, but through  the grapevine I was told he was pretty lonely. It’s been a year since  so maybe he’s adjusted. 

and what the hell with the Cajuns? They’re good. How did that happen? 

• 3 weeks later...