Dedrick Mills - LOI Signed

10 minutes ago, bugeater17 said:

You're acting as though I'm saying Mazour will be up for the Heisman. I'm merely stating I think he will get reps early in the season based on the reps he will get in spring and his position on the depth chart at the end of last year. Also, if your saying Mazour doesn't have the production, averaging 6.9 ypc isn't too shabby - but I digress. 

Perhaps you should watch the hudl films of both (with double screens) if you are trying to say Washington and Mazour have the same running style/body. 

Also, did you really just try to compare the films of a HS senior to that of a Junior College RB? Come on man, I can't do this with you today. LOL. 

Perhaps you should re-read my full post. I clearly think Mills will be a better running back than Mazour in the long run. I'm just not convinced that Mills will come to fall camp in-shape and in a position to know the playbook well enough to overtake reps from Mazour in game 1. That is all. 

In shape?  Mills played way more football than Mazour last year. 

Mazour: 11 Carries 76 yards

Mills:  236 Carries 1358 yards

I dont think you think he will be Heisman at all. You said he would be a #2 would be tough to unseat.  I am stating that assumption is false. 

Also, its Running Backs bro...run left...run right.  Some of the plays never hit where they are deisnged to go.  While Mills can probably catch, I dont see him as a huge threat in the pass gate out of the gate. 

I think we are done here. 

25 minutes ago, boach_clack said:

I dont think you think he will be Heisman at all. You said he would be a #2 would be tough to unseat.  I am stating that assumption is false. 

Also, its Running Backs bro...run left...run right.  Some of the plays never hit where they are deisnged to go.  While Mills can probably catch, I dont see him as a huge threat in the pass gate out of the gate. 

Apparently we just disagree - and that's fine.

Do you think Mills starts game 1?

46 minutes ago, boach_clack said:

Having more in game plays doesn’t mean you’re in better football shape. Zach Duval and Husker Power > whatever Mills got at a juco. I would bet $ Mazour is in better football shape than Mills. 

That said I think Mills will be ahead of him. 

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Having more in game plays doesn’t mean you’re in better football shape. Zach Duval and Husker Power > whatever Mills got at a juco. I would bet $ Mazour is in better football shape than Mills. 

That said I think Mills will be ahead of him. 

No, the GCCC Strength Coach is probably not as good as Duval. 

And the same gap between GCCC Strength Staff & Duval is likely the same between the talent of Mazour and Mills.

I was just going to say that same thing lol. We have a decent stable of talent at RB and with injuries /guys leaving etc.,  even someone like Bradley might emerge as the guy . We don’t know . Not many were counting on Ameer , Ozigbo, Helu, Rex etc to be as good as they were either, they proved themselves in practice and games . It’s fun to share opinions but it’s far to early to be saying this will happen,  or this won’t,  IMO. 

4 minutes ago, Big Red 40 said:

I was just going to say that same thing lol. We have a decent stable of talent at RB and with injuries /guys leaving etc.,  even someone like Bradley might emerge as the guy . We don’t know . Not many were counting on Ameer , Ozigbo, Helu, Rex etc to be as good as they were either, they proved themselves in practice and games . It’s fun to share opinions but it’s far to early to be saying this will happen,  or this won’t,  IMO. 

And here’s the thing that seems to happen every year Frost has been the head man: the guys thought to be the front runners in the off-season aren’t the guys that emerge at the end of the season. It’s about bringing in the nation’s best talent and letting competition sort it out.

• Plus1 1
52 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

Miles Jones may be the guy next year?

Things didn’t quite work out for him last year, but even in limited action he showed why some of us are so excited for him. I really think he’s one of those guys that if the stars align right could have a major role.

So much of the Big Ten, but particularly the West, is LB dominant. Getting some of these guys on the field, wherever they may line up, can create huge mismatches with these sorts of defenses in the passing game.

On 1/29/2019 at 5:09 PM, Big Red 40 said:

I had a caveat that stated this.  

• 5 months later...