Mavric

Nebrasketball Game #17 - @ Indiana: Monday, January 14 - 5:30 (FS1)

What will the game result be?  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We've been working overtime to shore up our inside game and pull one off. Maryland dominated Indiana inside on their comeback win. WE CAN DO IT!

• Haha 1

Our legs are very tired (based on Penn State game observation)... I am thinking we get creamed.  If we play within 9 points, I will be amazed

13 hours ago, teachercd said:

Ohhhhh, that is a sweet sweet line.

NU has no one that can guard Langford...and inside Indiana can be a load.  

I grabbed Indiana ML. The way I see it, I’d gladly pay for a Road W right now so it’s a win-win in my mind.  I almost took plus money on Maryland and then wanted to take Iowa, but didn’t.  Might as well make money if we continue to tank on the road.  Flip side is I’m fine paying for a road W against a good team.  

4 minutes ago, Blackshirts007 said:

I grabbed Indiana ML. The way I see it, I’d gladly pay for a Road W right now so it’s a win-win in my mind.  I almost took plus money on Maryland and then wanted to take Iowa, but didn’t.  Might as well make money if we continue to tank on the road.  Flip side is I’m fine paying for a road W against a good team.  

Yeah, I just took Indiana but ML might have been the way to go.  I like Maryland tonight too and KU

Need to ratchet up the effort, defense, and rebounding tonight. It would feel amazing to steal a road win. We are expected to lose so no pressure playing with house $

18 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Indiana lacks size and they also have had problems with giving up offensive rebounds & turning the ball over.   I think this gives us a chance as long as Palmer does not go rogue.

Yeah, they are not huge but Morgan is a beast.

Just now, teachercd said:

Yeah, they are not huge but Morgan is a beast.

Agreed!  The big question is Palmer getting worn out or his he disinterested in playing college ball.  His interviews have been pretty low key.

5 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Agreed!  The big question is Palmer getting worn out or his he disinterested in playing college ball.  His interviews have been pretty low key.

He's always been pretty low key in interviews.  I think he's kind of shy in press conference situations.

I did not really think about that but I wonder if Palmer and Copeland are sort of regretting coming back and starting to sort of feel it becoming a grind.  I would not think that would be the case but who knows.  I could see that being the case for those 5th year seniors that never really play (especially in football).

• Plus1 1

Maybe we are missing that verbal leader, it appears that all our Sr.'s are low key.  My brother has tickets close to the bench and he said Roby was trying to pump up players during timeouts of the last game.  

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

I did not really think about that but I wonder if Palmer and Copeland are sort of regretting coming back and starting to sort of feel it becoming a grind.  I would not think that would be the case but who knows.  I could see that being the case for those 5th year seniors that never really play (especially in football).

Maybe he's just getting tired of playing for Miles

.... /sarcasm

.... kind of

4 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Maybe he's just getting tired of playing for Miles

.... /sarcasm

.... kind of

Oh man...this is going to get one certain poster all riled up!

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

#immune

• Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, teachercd said:

Said poster: :lol:

Image result for crushes can gif

• Upvote 1

I really don’t know what to think about this game or this team anymore. Miles went full desperation mode vs penn st with no subs.  Till they win a game on the road vs a top/fringe 25 team my hope will remain in idle mode.  

Not a must win but this would be a big win and a needed win on the road against a high level team.

Need to put the Minnesota, Maryland and Iowa demons to bed and play our game.

Going to be interesting how actively/if at all, we use our bench.

This is the start and energy level I expected last game and the Iowa game.  Hope it can hold up.  Can’t pull the traditional drought this close to a very good start

2 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

Again why do teams play man against Timmy

Was just about to post this question too. Does anybody watch tape?

Will suck if the game turns after an absolute crap 2nd foul call on Roby.

of course jacking up 3’s every time down the floor instead of sticking with what had got you to this point probably has a little to do with the momentum change as well

3 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

Will suck if the game turns after an absolute crap 2nd foul call on Roby.

of course jacking up 3’s every time down the floor instead of sticking with what had got you to this point probably has a little to do with the momentum change as well

They get huge leads then go full globetrotters. Miles just doesn’t have the fire to yell at guys or bench them when they play out of the system. 

2 minutes ago, Big red surfers said:

last basket game at 9:15 left in the half.  One effing point in 8 mins taking the scoring drought to all new levels. 

I dont understand how we do this....we are really good at scoring droughts too. We could of had this game wrapped up in the first half the way we were playing. 

Get Nana off the floor. Dude looks lost defensively. 

Great start of the 1st half with the opportunity to put our foot on their throat and then we go cold.

Indiana is going to just drive at us all 2nd half and we need to figure out how to stop it.