*** 2022 Recruiting ***

OK, so obviously, recruiting got a little interesting in the past few days.

Decoldest Crawford .8851 WR

Trevonte Citizen .9545 RB

Deshon Singleton NR S

Shaz Preston .9742 WR

These are the players the staff (with Joseph) visited this week in Louisiana. Citizen has been tweeting other Husker recruits almost as though he's peer recruiting.  

On top of those, we have Gould who is at .9240 CB who has picked up a Husker CB with a confidence of 6.  

It's going to be really interesting to see if any of these commit now that the will know who the staff will be soon.  Actually, they probably already know.

I think Preston is a pretty long shot at this point. He’s like UGA or Alabama bound.

The key will be- can we get any of Citizen, Crawford, or Singleton (JUCO) on campus this weekend? With signing day a week from today- this appears to be our window (similar to what happened with Keyshawn Greene). Get a late visit, make a good impression, get the signature next week.

The longer it draws out, the worse it is for our odds IMO.

Gould is a CB btw- not a RB.

7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

OK, so obviously, recruiting got a little interesting in the past few days.

Decoldest Crawford .8851 WR

Trevonte Citizen .9545 RB

Deshon Singleton NR S

Shaz Preston .9742 WR

These are the players the staff (with Joseph) visited this week in Louisiana. Citizen has been tweeting other Husker recruits almost as though he's peer recruiting.  

On top of those, we have Gould who is at .9240 RB who has picked up a Husker CB with a confidence of 6.  

It's going to be really interesting to see if any of these commit now that the will know who the staff will be soon.  Actually, they probably already know.

Thought Gould was a S/CB?

36 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

We are at 11 commits and 5 (?) transfers.  This class was always only expecting to be 12-14 HS players.  It sure seems like they are really pushing for move both HS and transfer players.

So....I'm assuming there are going to be quite a few more current players transferring out.

@Mavric do you have our numbers as it sits right now?

Thanks,

Yeah, I always thought we were probably shooting a little too low.  There are just more transfers now-a-days.  That's just how it is everywhere.

I have us at 82 at the moment.  10 high school recruits and four new transfers as of now.  I hope that list is up-to-date.  I've tried to keep up with people not coming back but sometimes it's hard to separate the speculation for the actual announcements.  I still have Jurgens on that list even though it seems likely he's gone.  I took Deontre Thomas off because I thought it was reported that he's gone but I don't think that's official yet.

I'm also not 100% sure if the transfers are on scholarship or not.  Of the four in the link (highlighted in red) I know Williams and Bleekrode are on scholarship.  I assume Hill and Singleton will be.  Not sure on any others.

We seem likely to add Johnson and Gould to the list.  So we would have four more spots after those two.

• Plus1 1
17 hours ago, Mavric said:

Yeah, I always thought we were probably shooting a little too low.  There are just more transfers now-a-days.  That's just how it is everywhere.

I have us at 82 at the moment.  10 high school recruits and four new transfers as of now.  I hope that list is up-to-date.  I've tried to keep up with people not coming back but sometimes it's hard to separate the speculation for the actual announcements.  I still have Jurgens on that list even though it seems likely he's gone.  I took Deontre Thomas off because I thought it was reported that he's gone but I don't think that's official yet.

I'm also not 100% sure if the transfers are on scholarship or not.  Of the four in the link (highlighted in red) I know Williams and Bleekrode are on scholarship.  I assume Hill and Singleton will be.  Not sure on any others.

We seem likely to add Johnson and Gould to the list.  So we would have four more spots after those two.

This is awesome Mav!  Thank you so much for sharing.  Jamin Graham is still on your list.

• Thanks 1