New Dem Proposed Policies- the Good, The Bad But Fixable, The Ugly

New Dem Proposed Policies   

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Those are fake charts from the msm and the liberal groupthink campuses across America you can't trust them use your eyes here is a chart that shows the obama economy it was a disaster wake up sheeple its right in front of you

tlHHQIj.jpg

Your chart looks like Charlie Brown. 

charlie-brown_credit-charles-m-schulz.jp

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Did the economy stagnate under Obama? All charts I have seen show steady improvement of the economy under Obama.

Fake news by the govt run google that is skewed to the liberal side of the Adam schiffs emails about benghazis uranium one deal. Wait what consoiracy theory am I talking about again?

24 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Those are fake charts from the msm and the liberal groupthink campuses across America you can't trust them use your eyes here is a chart that shows the obama economy it was a disaster wake up sheeple its right in front of you

tlHHQIj.jpg

Damn you beat me to it:lol:

4 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

Did the economy stagnate under Obama? All charts I have seen show steady improvement of the economy under Obama.

Well the 1-2 % growth rate is stagnate.  With the most dynamic economy in the world, we should be growing consistently at 3-4%.  Now the dems want single payer.  If that ever goes through, you will never see grow where it needs to be.

3 hours ago, Frott Scost said:

Fake news by the govt run google that is skewed to the liberal side of the Adam schiffs emails about benghazis uranium one deal. Wait what consoiracy theory am I talking about again?

Damn you beat me to it:lol:

Joe Cantu, Chief Investment Officer for CANTU TACTICAL WEALTH MANAGEMENT, a Global Tactical Asset Allocation, GTAA, Ma...
Updated Mar 19, 2019 · Author has 611 answers and 397.7k answer views

The average REAL GDP growth rate under President Obama was 1.88%.

Here is the Real GDP Growth as per US Bureau of Economic Analysis by year. Do the math yourself to confirm:

2009 0.18%, 2010 2.57%, 2011 1.61%, 2012 1.47%, 2013 2.61%, 2014 2.7%, 2015 2.00%, 2016 1.88%; The average is 1.8775%;

(* See below GDP numbers for more information of why different people report different numbers)

Update: March 5, 2019, The average REAL GDP growth rate under President Trump is 2.8%.

President Trump’s Real GDP Growth rate.

Do the math yourself to confirm: 2017 2.5%, 2018 3.1%; The average is 2.8%, so far.

I'll be, after 2 years his growth rate is a full point higher and this year will even be higher.  No chart, just facts!

7 minutes ago, MNBigRedNorth said:
Joe Cantu, Chief Investment Officer for CANTU TACTICAL WEALTH MANAGEMENT, a Global Tactical Asset Allocation, GTAA, Ma...
Updated Mar 19, 2019 · Author has 611 answers and 397.7k answer views

The average REAL GDP growth rate under President Obama was 1.88%.

Here is the Real GDP Growth as per US Bureau of Economic Analysis by year. Do the math yourself to confirm:

2009 0.18%, 2010 2.57%, 2011 1.61%, 2012 1.47%, 2013 2.61%, 2014 2.7%, 2015 2.00%, 2016 1.88%; The average is 1.8775%;

(* See below GDP numbers for more information of why different people report different numbers)

Update: March 5, 2019, The average REAL GDP growth rate under President Trump is 2.8%.

President Trump’s Real GDP Growth rate.

Do the math yourself to confirm: 2017 2.5%, 2018 3.1%; The average is 2.8%, so far.

I'll be, after 2 years his growth rate is a full point higher and this year will even be higher.  No chart, just facts!

Lmao. Where were we prior to Obamas presidency may I ask? 

I think he did just fine for the economy considering it was a s#!tshow when he inherited it.

_99671722_usdowjonesfinak.png

@MNBigRedNorth does that look like stagnation to you?

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, Landlord said:

Others pasted resources about where the money would come from, but another element of this would be that the cost to live would also drop substantially in a scenario like that. It won't be too long until everyone has free internet from solar planes, people can 3D print their own cheap food, and we might have cheap, clean driverless cars everywhere (I imagine plenty of private companies but also I can't see how there wouldn't be a public transportation version of this). I'm not all that well versed on this stuff but cutting just those three costs in half over the course of a year would be several thousands of dollars no longer needed to live.

You say that, yet here we are with compelling and conclusive evidence that we're not 'controlling' our climate but dramatically effecting it. But even if you're right, the climate is still changing in a direction that is dangerous and bad for humanity. So....we should at least try, right?

I think that's what most people proposing UBI are suggesting. Something about as easy to live on as working for minimum wage.

Your right we should try as a human race we need to be good stewards of our environment, but there is a little thing called law of diminishing returns, where the the money spent need to match the gain.  The money proposed it ludicrous and in the end would not make sense! 

3 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Lmao. Where were we prior to Obamas presidency may I ask? 

Oh yes the recession sucked big time.  Was brought on by a policy started back in the Clinton Administration and continued under Bush.  In the end, I've thrown Bush under the bus for that.  No way many many people should have been given home loans.  Sure I give Obama a pass for a few of those years, but the last four years growth should have been far better.

Just now, MNBigRedNorth said:

Oh yes the recession sucked big time.  Was brought on by a policy started back in the Clinton Administration and continued under Bush.  In the end, I've thrown Bush under the bus for that.  No way many many people should have been given home loans.  Sure I give Obama a pass for a few of those years, but the last four years growth should have been far better.

Ok so Obama turned the economy around from a terrible point while also enacting Obamacare shortly after taking office. If big tax programs are so horrible  for the economy how was this possible? 

All I know is we have much more pressing needs than the 3 items mentioned the poll. If those are the things Dems are fixated on, then they have no more clue than the repubs.

This may be off topic but Colorado also recently came under full Dem control and I have not been impressed with what they seem to be focused on. As an example, we just had a ballot initiative that would've brought a screeching halt to oil and gas drilling in the state and it was overwhelmingly rejected by the voters in the last election. But now the new Dem controlled house and Senate are going to resurrect key components of that plan and probably adopt it. Doesn't seem like a good way to stay in control, going against the wishes of the electorate.

6 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Ok so Obama turned the economy around from a terrible point while also enacting Obamacare shortly after taking office. If big tax programs are so horrible  for the economy how was this possible? 

It's estimated that the growth rate would have been far greater had ObamaCare not been enacted.  Read this:  

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, MNBigRedNorth said:

It's estimated that growth would have been far greater had ObamaCare not been enacted.  Read this:  

I don't care if growth could have been greater. This argument is about UBI not Obama. Point was Obamacare did not wreck the economy. Funding for UBI would be far different than Obamacare. Don't you think Google should be payong taxes? Shouldn't companies who automize their work force pay a little bit for that incredible savings of not having to pay people? We aren't talking full income replacement either. What are we going to do when trucking is no longer a career option and kids can't get a job at Mcdonalds anymore? Thats a huge part of the workforce that needs to be redirected. UBI might not be the answer but its an interesting solution to a menacing problem.

5 minutes ago, knapplc said:

They aren't. They're the things some guy on a message board who almost always votes Republican chose for a poll.

exactly.....i don't think any of these issues have widespread dem support.  that's why i ahve stayed out of this thread.   it seems to be castin g the light on the most extreme views of some of the dems rather than on what they would actually do IMO.   a freshman to congress proposes a 16 year old voting rights doesn't make it a democratic platform.   at least i don't believe it does.

1 minute ago, commando said:

exactly.....i don't think any of these issues have widespread dem support.  that's why i ahve stayed out of this thread.   it seems to be castin g the light on the most extreme views of some of the dems rather than on what they would actually do IMO.   a freshman to congress proposes a 16 year old voting rights doesn't make it a democratic platform.   at least i don't believe it does.

I don't think it's an accident. It happens a lot.