** 2019 Opponent Previews : Northwestern (Game 6) **

3 hours ago, Igetbored216 said:

This team has consistently effed up this year. They are good for two to three turnovers a game, and penalties at the worst time. Maybe he or she is just basing it off this team's trend? 

Well, using that logic, I guess they'll keep effing up for at least 18 more years. Pretty sh#tty way for a fan to approach things imo. Probably much better ways to spend your time than bitchin' and belly aching.....or come back in 18 years when the "trend" is more to your liking. If I really thought this team wasn't going to perform better, up to their ability, I don't believe I would waste my time watching them play or commenting about them on a message board. Like I said originally, complaining about past performance is one thing but if a person can't show some hope for improvement then it's just a miserable bitchfest.

6 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

There is a huge market for that crystal ball of yours. It's one thing to say we effed up after we've actually effed up but it's pretty annoying when you state matter of factly that we will eff up before it happens. Just an FYI, proceed as you see fit.

It’s my opinion. You are welcome to think NU will play a flawless game. It is also ok that not everyone agrees with each other. From the product NU has put on the field thus far, NU will do dumb things/turn the ball over. Call it youth, coaching, talent whatever, but ball security and lack of penalties hasn’t been NU’s calling card this  year. It’s not a psychic ability. Just paying attention. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
27 minutes ago, KCBuc said:

It’s my opinion. You are welcome to think NU will play a flawless game. It is also ok that not everyone agrees with each other. From the product NU has put on the field thus far, NU will do dumb things/turn the ball over. Call it youth, coaching, talent whatever, but ball security and lack of penalties hasn’t been NU’s calling card this  year. It’s not a psychic ability. Just paying attention. 

I didn’t say they would play a flawless game and I doubt they will. But I’m sure not going to make a claim as to how they will perform at any point in the future as you did. You’re welcome to have any opinion you want and if you want to state as a matter of fact that they will turn the ball over and/or will commit stupid penalties, just realize that is not an opinion unless you preface it as such. God knows we need a wee bit more negativity hereabouts.

Yeah, you can easily envision the way in which we lose this game, Indiana, Illinois, etc. Give up a fluke TD or two. Give up a real TD or two when it matters despite shutting them down most of the game. Commit enough stupid penalties to go along with the BS ticky tack ones we seem to always pick up. Couple of TOs.

Which isn’t to diminish NW if they do beat us. Not shooting yourself in the foot is an important part of sports. I think we win this one by 10, with us getting a late score to put the game officially away. Game will feel closer than that score.

This game will be much closer than everyone thinks. Northwestern is coming of two straight tough losses and they will come ready to play. They usually do not beat themselves and they do not commit many penalties. We would have to play like we did the first half of the Colorado game for the entire game. Can we do that? I guess we will have to wait and see. I really hope my Huskers come out angry and ready to prove they can compete...

17 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

I didn’t say they would play a flawless game and I doubt they will. But I’m sure not going to make a claim as to how they will perform at any point in the future as you did. You’re welcome to have any opinion you want and if you want to state as a matter of fact that they will turn the ball over and/or will commit stupid penalties, just realize that is not an opinion unless you preface it as such. God knows we need a wee bit more negativity hereabouts.

So everyone who posts something needs to explain that it’s their opinion? LOL good luck with that crusade. Most people KNOW it’s an opinion. It’s what a message board is about. Differing opinions and thoughts. 

Nebraska will make mistakes. Will make penalties. Will miss tackles. Will turn the ball over. Will make NW look better because they have massive deficiencies on the team. If the team plays perfect and owns NW...great! If you have an OPINION on NU, share it. 

• Plus1 1
40 minutes ago, KCBuc said:

Nebraska will make mistakes. Will make penalties. Will miss tackles. Will turn the ball over. Will make NW look better because they have massive deficiencies on the team. If the team plays perfect and owns NW...great! If you have an OPINION on NU, share it. 

Who has massive deficiencies? Because while I don't disagree that we have deficiencies, people seem to forget other teams have weaknesses too that can be exploited. Turns out NWs weaknesses match up pretty well with our strengths. 

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

Who has massive deficiencies? Because while I don't disagree that we have deficiencies, people seem to forget other teams have weaknesses too that can be exploited. Turns out NWs weaknesses match up pretty well with our strengths. 

The Ohio State game showed where NU has massive deficiencies. 

• Plus1 1

52 minutes ago, KCBuc said:

The Ohio State game showed where NU has massive deficiencies. 

What do you think Northwestern would look like playing Ohio State? I mean come on you are being ridiculous. OSU is one of the few teams in the nation with no real weaknesses. Almost every other team in NCAA has deficiencies as well, some even have more deficiencies than we do. I'd argue NW is one of the teams with more deficiencies than us

15 hours ago, Husker in WI said:

I would argue a lot of the deficiencies are in the talent department, and those don't apply against NW. 

I agree with that to an extent, but they struggled with Illinois and NU was more talented.  NU will make mistakes/shoot themselves in the foot, and NW will stick around because of it. NU doesn’t even snap the ball right. The kicking game is 50/50. The Qb is turnover prone. The Oline...

i hope NU rolls Nw but just don’t see it. 

• Plus1 1