What did we learn? (The Rocky Mountain Low Edition)

2 minutes ago, CapoValley said:

Frost trash-talking Riley was bad form after he was hired, it looked even worse this past off-season as Frost was coming off of a 4-win season, and now it looks downright laughable after today's game. Yes, I know that it was fodder for the fans, but it was horrible karma and really bad form.

The reality is this, they’re talking like 1997 and playing like 2017.  And we are looking dead in the face of a staff that flat out wasn’t ready to recruit or coach in the P5

Here’s to hoping I’m wrong but this....this ain’t good. 

Wasn't ready to recruit in the P5 with the highest rated class NU has had in years as their second class? 

I don't know if the altitude is a factor or not but there were plenty of games in Boulder even back in the glory years where Nebraska took large leads into the second half and nearly blew it. It happened a lot more than you might think. Of course they managed to pull all of those out.

'99 is probably the most egregious example.... in some ways it almost feels like the exact same game we watched today, except that all of our devil magic is gone and seemingly winds up on the opposing side now.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, CapoValley said:

That’s a low bar. And the current class isn’t exactly close to that 

We are 3 months from even the first signing period for this year's class and the meat of last year came during and after the season. And signing the 18th class in the nation in your second year doesn't scream "not ready to recruit P5" when he out recruited a ton of established P5 coaches. 

• Plus1 2

14 minutes ago, CapoValley said:

Frost trash-talking Riley was bad form after he was hired, it looked even worse this past off-season as Frost was coming off of a 4-win season, and now it looks downright laughable after today's game. Yes, I know that it was fodder for the fans, but it was horrible karma and really bad form.

The reality is this, they’re talking like 1997 and playing like 2017.  And we are looking dead in the face of a staff that flat out wasn’t ready to recruit or coach in the P5

Here’s to hoping I’m wrong but this....this ain’t good. 

Frost trash talking Riley was perfectly acceptable if you think Frost flat out wasn't ready to recruit P5 considering he has flat out out recruited Mike Riley by leaps and bounds thus far. If Frost is so bad at recruiting, Riley was a literal joke.

I've seen some bad takes today, but this one takes the cake

• Plus1 2
5 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Frost trash talking Riley was perfectly acceptable if you think Frost flat out wasn't ready to recruit P5 considering he has flat out out recruited Mike Riley by leaps and bounds thus far. If Frost is so bad at recruiting, Riley was a literal joke.

I've seen some bad takes today, but this one takes the cake

Where are we currently ranked?  I’ll wait. 

3 hours ago, Landlord said:

It hasn't been a day, it's been a year and a half. If it takes more time, fine, but how much evidence is there of us actually correctly building Rome or the Taj Mahal? Meanwhile, it doesn't seem to take any other schools much longer than a year and a half to build their own respective Romes that are disciplined, talented and high performing.

I put it on Frost as the playcaller. The first half was magnificent and perfect, then we come out with zero adjustment, zero playcalling creativity and we abandoned the QB run and a lot of the passing schemes we were having so much success with. And we went completely flat, lost all our groove, and kept our defense on the field until they broke.

Does nobody else that Frost as a decision maker is a bit like a high schooler playing Madden? There are times where there's too much of ego, greed, and inexplicable lulls.