The Biden / Ukraine Scandal

knapplc

13 minutes ago, Apsu said:

It's available from many sources on the internets.

Google can be your friend too.

https://en.interfax.com.ua/news/press-conference/617936.html

He was MP under Yanukovych as well and led a group in parliament that wanted closer ties with Russia. The argument of Europe vs Russia was the main cause of Yanukovych's ousting.

This has been his schtick for a while now. He started an investigation in parliament into anti Trump election interference in 2017 based off what seems to have been an internet search.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, commando said:

interesting that this info arose after trump strong armed ukraine to come up with info against biden.    i am suspicious of it

You should be suspicious of it.

But there is enough people with credentials (Trump and Giuliani aside) making accusations, that I believe that an investigation is warranted.

1 minute ago, Moiraine said:

He was MP under Yanukovych as well and led a group in parliament that wanted closer ties with Russia.

This has been his schtick for a while now. He started an investigation in parliament into anti Trump election interference in 2017 based off what seems to have been an internet search.

The Ukrainian government has not been clean since, well, forever.

I would not expect a member of the current pro-US parliament to talk openly about Biden at this time without risking their life.

That is why I would like to see an investigation where people are questioned under oath and the actual books are examined.

3 minutes ago, Apsu said:

The Ukrainian government has not been clean since, well, forever.

I would not expect a member of the current pro-US parliament to talk openly about Biden at this time without risking their life.

That is why I would like to see an investigation where people are questioned under oath and the actual books are examined.

who will run the investigation?   the trump administration?  they are politically motivated and in trumps america your political enemies can't investigate you.  trump and the republicans have proclaimed it so it msut be law.   good luck getting your wish to have biden investigated under these rules.

2 minutes ago, commando said:

who will run the investigation?   the trump administration?  they are politically motivated and in trumps america your political enemies can't investigate you.  trump and the republicans have proclaimed it so it msut be law.   good luck getting your wish to have biden investigated under these rules. 

How about Mueller.

You should like that, he's good at finding nothing.

52 minutes ago, Apsu said:

Many progressives see Trump as a symptom to the problem, and the real problem is the DNC. The Democrats should be the party of the people, but they are not. Their establishment talks the talk, but they have become even more pro-war than and as corrupt as the Republicans. Impeaching Trump and Pence will do nothing to solve the problem, it will just recreate the situation that created Trump. Most of the 2020 Dem candidates are now stepping back from Single Payer M4A.

With the Democrats in power, there will some minor incremental improvements in some areas, but overall things will get worse. Look at Obama's foreign policy record. Our allies loved the guy and for some reason he was given a Nobel Peace Prize, but he escalated Afghanistan, started drone killings in Pakistan, reshuffled the troops in Iraq (he ended nothing), started wars in Libya, Syria, Yemen and Ukraine, and allowed a right wing School of the Americas coup in Honduras which has heightened the refugee crisis at our border. 

So yes, I am more critical of Democrats, because I expect more from the party that should represent the left. There is not much to gain by criticizing Trump, because no sane person should have positive expectations of the Republicans. If the DNC did not cheat in 2016, we would not have a President Trump. And it appears that the DNC is hell bent on cheating again in 2020.

If this is bad faith discussion to you, then you can "Vote Blue No Matter Who" and hope for change you can believe in. But you will probably be disappointed again despite no more Trump. And after a few more years of incremental circling around the toilet, you will get another Bush, Trump, or even worse.

And now you can believe Nancy Pelosi, John Brennan, Hillary Clinton, Mitch McConnell, Lindsey Graham, John Bolton and even Pat Robertson, that despite being wrong about everything in the past, bipartisan support for continuing our war in Syria is a good thing.

Lastly; the latest "Republican talking point" has Joe Biden receiving $900,000 in lobbying fees from Burisma.

Ahhh yes.

So you dislike Trump & Republicans...

But somehow 95% of what you perceive as problems and complain about relates to Democrats.

Thank you for proving my point.

• Plus1 3