ESPN Predicts where B1G teams finish...

Redux

13 hours ago, Redux said:

I see no reason this team can't notch 3 more wins to get to a bowl game.

Well one reason would be that all the teams we're playing are decent to really damn good and we're more or less total hot trash.

3 hours ago, TheSker said:

That said, Frost has us on the right track.

Just curious what in particular you're looking at that makes you think so.

• Plus1 3

5 hours ago, Landlord said:

Well one reason would be that all the teams we're playing are decent to really damn good and we're more or less total hot trash.

Yes we know how highly you think of Iowa.  But you would put Indiana, Purdue and Maryland in the decent to really damn good category?  Nonsense.

8 hours ago, Nebhawk said:

Frost inherited the worst turn around in college football..............

What does that mean and why was this said?

Does this mean anything?  I would think of a few reasons why this job could be viewed that way, but don't understand the phrase.  I mean our fan base alone can sour alot of normal people away from this place...........Nebraska,, not for everyone!

I would guess roster, culture, the traditional "hard to recruit argument as well as Frost coming back and viewed as the savior of the program and being under an incredible amount of pressure to win and win quickly......

• Plus1 1
8 hours ago, Landlord said:

Just curious what in particular you're looking at that makes you think so.

It all starts with recruiting.  It's a focus of Frost and Moos.

And the walk on program.

Oh, and Frost and Duval actually make guys lift weights.

But recruiting is the big one.

9 hours ago, Nebhawk said:

Frost inherited the worst turn around in college football..............

What does that mean and why was this said?

Does this mean anything?  I would think of a few reasons why this job could be viewed that way, but don't understand the phrase.  I mean our fan base alone can sour alot of normal people away from this place...........Nebraska,, not for everyone!

No, it means nothing. ESPN guys are paid to say stuff to fill up their air time and that sounded as good as anything. 

The Onion will be discussing sports talk around Bowl time. "Clever things for sports analysts to say when they don't know what they're talking about."

Jurgens did play better last game at center, don't believe he had a single bad snap, but we have a guard playing tackle and some others that are just plain bad playing their position.  

Would running out of the I-Formation help mask this teams deficiencies?  Two tight-ends and a full back to help blocking and masks the guard playing tackle issue a bit.  Three yards and a cloud of dust (or hope for it at least).  I know it is a bit archaic but maybe play to your teams strengths instead of weaknesses.

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

Folks its not recruiting, its just not.

What is it then. Is it the players we lost from last year. Don't think any were drafted. 

Is it the play calling, or the D not stepping up. 

I thought that Chin might be the weak link, when Frost was hired because he really didn't have to shut anyone down at UCF, Frost's offence just scored so much. Well Chin's D is still giving up points and yards [can't count NW game their just not good] and Frost can't help him with what he has to work with, it seems. 

So is it the coaching or the players. That's a tough question that we won't know I feel, for about 2 more years.

I feel Frost can turn it around, though he may have to make some changes in his staff and the type of recruit's they go after. This team will be all his players by then.

GBR!!!

To say that better players will make this team better is silly.  Living in iowa i can see what Iowa St is doing with what would appear on paper to be alot worse recruits.  Im not saying frost cant coach, im saying that the players currently on the team either arent buying into the system are worried about stability or some other factors.  You can get the best players in this place but if there not going to buy in, or try then we cant beat the most basic of teams.  Its not a talent thing, theres no way its that.  Its not about what you do but how you do it.

30 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

Ok whatever you say, you have alot of posts so you must be right

You literally said better players won't make the team better.  That's just absurd.  If we dressed Alabama in our uniforms, would the team not be better just from a talent standpoint?  Or are you trying to say Frost and his staff are so bad that it does not matter how talented we are?  Also absurd.

5 minutes ago, Redux said:

You literally said better players won't make the team better.  That's just absurd.  If we dressed Alabama in our uniforms, would the team not be better just from a talent standpoint?  Or are you trying to say Frost and his staff are so bad that it does not matter how talented we are?  Also absurd.

Im pretty sure you wont be able to get the whole alabama squad to dress in husker gear.  But seemingly by your remarks you are also saying that if we had just 1 of alabams 5 star guys we would automatically turn this thing around.  Thats what im saying, seems most think were just 1 or 2 5 star guys away from winning it all when im saying that those people dont mean squat if the rest of the 2 3 and 4 star guys arent willing to take it up a notch.  Of course better players help but it takes everyone not just a few

4 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

Im pretty sure you wont be able to get the whole alabama squad to dress in husker gear.  But seemingly by your remarks you are also saying that if we had just 1 of alabams 5 star guys we would automatically turn this thing around.  Thats what im saying, seems most think were just 1 or 2 5 star guys away from winning it all when im saying that those people dont mean squat if the rest of the 2 3 and 4 star guys arent willing to take it up a notch.  Of course better players help but it takes everyone not just a few

....so better talent WOULD make us better?