ESPN Predicts where B1G teams finish...

Redux

1 minute ago, Stone Cold said:

Your missing what i said but again like i said your got the higher post count so you must have a greater opinion than i do

Why do you keep bringing up my post count?  Has nothing to do with your better players do or do not make better team theorism.

1 hour ago, Stone Cold said:

To say that better players will make this team better is silly.  Living in iowa i can see what Iowa St is doing with what would appear on paper to be alot worse recruits.  Im not saying frost cant coach, im saying that the players currently on the team either arent buying into the system are worried about stability or some other factors.  You can get the best players in this place but if there not going to buy in, or try then we cant beat the most basic of teams.  Its not a talent thing, theres no way its that.  Its not about what you do but how you do it.

This is an insane take.  Better players absolutely will make a better team.  However, a Top 10 team also needs great coaching, player development, strength and conditioning, and a great culture.  

And to bring up Iowa State as a measuring stick is equally insane.  Are you saying you would like Nebraska to end up as a 5-2 ranked #23 team as it’s high point?  Cause Iowa State isn’t going to betting much better than this unless they bring in better talent.  

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, r06ue1 said:

Jurgens did play better last game at center, don't believe he had a single bad snap, but we have a guard playing tackle and some others that are just plain bad playing their position.  

Would running out of the I-Formation help mask this teams deficiencies?  Two tight-ends and a full back to help blocking and masks the guard playing tackle issue a bit.  Three yards and a cloud of dust (or hope for it at least).  I know it is a bit archaic but maybe play to your teams strengths instead of weaknesses.

i would be in favor of trying a ground chuck offense. Run the clock, get first downs, and it might hide the many defensive deficiencies as well. NU can always go back to whatever they were trying to do before if they can’t run block for three yards. 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

This is an insane take.  Better players absolutely will make a better team.  However, a Top 10 team also needs great coaching, player development, strength and conditioning, and a great culture.  

And to bring up Iowa State as a measuring stick is equally insane.  Are you saying you would like Nebraska to end up as a 5-2 ranked #23 team as it’s high point?  Cause Iowa State isn’t going to betting much better than this unless they bring in better talent.  

Im saying iowa st is doing better with less then what we are doing on paper.  Heres the thing, yes better players do help but it isnt everything.  That was my first point is that maybe i failed to fine point apparently and it has fallen upon def ears.  So not much point in continuing the conversation after i explained my point.  Everyone likes to tout the better players thing but fail point out it takes more than a couple people to make this work.  

And sadly at this point of you think iowa st couldnt take us to the shed with the way were playing your wrong.  

13 hours ago, lo country said:

Frost has inherited the worse turn around in college football.

How many of our guys took the academic scholarship out when Frost came? Wasn't it 3 or 4? I think that's what the person is saying. Frost took over a team with scholarship players who literally wanted to quit and did at the first free opportunity. How many guys still on the team have that mentality but didn't quit? I'd venture to guess at least 4-5 starters and several non-contributing upperclassmen. I don't think the quit mentality is gone and it may be another year or two of attrition. 

• Fire 1
3 hours ago, r06ue1 said:

Jurgens did play better last game at center, don't believe he had a single bad snap, but we have a guard playing tackle and some others that are just plain bad playing their position.  

Would running out of the I-Formation help mask this teams deficiencies?  Two tight-ends and a full back to help blocking and masks the guard playing tackle issue a bit.  Three yards and a cloud of dust (or hope for it at least).  I know it is a bit archaic but maybe play to your teams strengths instead of weaknesses.

So lets run an offense that SF has no interest in using long term - so that we can get a couple extra win's in years 1, 2 and 3.  Should SF recruit to his preferred offense or to the one that might look slightly better in the short term?  Recruits don't need mixed signals - they need to understand that talent in the right direction coach effectively will get us there by years 4 or 5.  There is a huge amount of pressure on SF to win, however luckily for the long-term SF is strong enough to not cave in.

11 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

That's not what he's really saying though is it?

He's saying we out recruit teams that are better than us right now already.  That means that it's either culture or coaching.

As has been noted many many times, recruiting rankings from yesteryear have become meaningless due to attrition and lack of development through what is now 3 coaching changes in a 5 year time frame.