Unpopular roster opinion

2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

I agree with what are saying in general.  Coach can say “ listen you won’t play so it may be best for you to move on”. But if the player committed to the school, as long as he/she is going to practices, participating in all workouts, keeping up grades and is a student in good standing, I don’t believe a coach should ever be able to say we are taking you off scholarship because we found someone better.  

If the player and coach MUTUALLY agree to part ways, then that’s fine by me.  I also believe that if a player leaves a program, they should be immediately eligible at whatever school that player chooses to go.  I will always believe this until they make coaches sit out a year like players when they leave a school for another school.  

I agree with you on both points! 

My last word on this is that people are truly grasping at straws if they think coaches need to concentrate on the last three or four players on the roster to turn around Nebraska football.  I think most of the team's playing problems last year manifested themselves in those that actually saw the field, but I don't claim to understand all the nuances of big time championship football that led us down this rabbit hole.

1 hour ago, BackInTheDay said:

My last word on this is that people are truly grasping at straws if they think coaches need to concentrate on the last three or four players on the roster to turn around Nebraska football.  I think most of the team's playing problems last year manifested themselves in those that actually saw the field, but I don't claim to understand all the nuances of big time championship football that led us down this rabbit hole.

For the most part, yes, the problem was the players who saw the field. But, it’s a numbers game. If you continually cull off the players at the bottom that will never see the field, then you cycle through more players to find the difference makers on the field. So, theoretically, you end up with more difference makers. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 11:36 AM, N is for nowledge said:

I saw there are several jrs graduating today, some of which have given very little to earn their scholarship.  My question is can we start moving these guys along and create more space for contributors or new blood.  Hell give it to a walkon that contributed.  We need to start helping these guys to better situations away from Nebraska and open up more scholarships yr over yr.

Sounds like an SEC head coach, cut throat...