The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

9 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Ya, and….  Sounds like I described.  He thinks out loud even the ideas that probably make no sense or won’t work.  As you quoted, he didn’t tell anyone in the general public to do either of those things. 

He didn't NOT say that, either. And the takeaway from that alphabet soup answer was that trump was encouraging people to inject disinfectant as a preventative against COVID. 

States see spike in poison control calls following Trump's comments on injecting disinfectant

Some poison control centers reported a spike in calls following President Trump’s suggestion that injecting disinfectant might help people infected with coronavirus.

At a news briefing Thursday, Trump speculated on the effectiveness of several possible treatments for the virus, most notably by injecting disinfectant into the body.

"And then I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute,” Trump said. “And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside or ... or almost a cleaning? Because you see it gets on the lungs and it does a tremendous number, so it will be interesting to check that. So that you're going to have to use medical doctors. But it sounds, it sounds interesting to me.”

The comment alarmed medical professionals around the world.  The president subsequently claimed on Friday that he was being "sarcastic," although at the press conference he was soberly addressing health experts on the coronavirus task force, urging them to launch a study.

Lysol parent company Reckitt Benckiser issued a statement Friday reminding people that "under no circumstance should our disinfectant products be administered into the human body (through injection, ingestion or any other route)."

In Maryland, the Emergency Management Agency received over 100 calls inquiring about the president’s suggestion, forcing the service to issue an alert to remind citizens that “under no circumstances should any disinfectant product be administered into the body through injection, ingestion or any other route.”

Fox News, y'all.   ;)

• Plus1 1

39 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Ya those same black Americans really listen to those Republican Covid anti-Vaxers on every thing else also :facepalm: who knew they blindly followed the crazies they normally don’t give a s#!t about for their medical advice.  

Why are you tying Republican anti-vax message with black people?  There are multiple reasons why various groups aren't getting it.  Black people aren't getting it for different reasons than Republicans.

Of course, you know that.  You're just doing what you always do with playing dumb to try to confuse the conversation.

• Plus1 1
53 minutes ago, knapplc said:
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

He didn't NOT say that, either. And the takeaway from that alphabet soup answer was that trump was encouraging people to inject disinfectant as a preventative against COVID. 

Well he didn’t NOT say don’t jump in front of a train when speaking about transportation either.  

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

It's bad...and they should get it.  But, what political group with major power is actively promoting antivax crap?  See the post above to figure it out.

Well you seemed to have tied them together first prompting my reply:thumbs

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

I will be one pissed off guy if I have to live through more shut downs only because a bunch of people won’t get vaccinated. 

If the cases are higher than before it will be easy to call for a shutdown, especially in some states that are still deciding about what to do with schools.

Hopefully that doesn't happen.

What's really, really galling is that the options are to shut down again because these dopes won't get vaccinated.

The other option is to just go on with our lives without a shutdown - except the unvaccinated will once again overwhelm hospitals. 

• Plus1 1