The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

6 minutes ago, jaws said:

Really? Like the US government hasn't experimented on black populations before? I am not saying we shouldn't all be vaccinated, but I understand why certain populations, given past history, do not trust the government when it comes to this stuff. 

Example: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuskegee_Syphilis_Study

That would be a valid excuse if no white folks were being vaccinated.  However, with millions more Caucasian’s having had the same vaccine, the Tuskegee narrative doesn’t apply in this instance. 

• Plus1 2

1 minute ago, RedDenver said:

You're playing dumb that there aren't approved vaccines. Pfizer, Moderna, and J&J all have approved vaccines.

Now go ahead and jump out with the "not fully approved" bogeyman that's untrue.

Since this is a space I am very familiar with, I can confidently say you are being very ignorant and misinformed.  

Zero companies have an FDA approved vaccine.  Three companies have an EUA.  There is a distinction and they are very much NOT the same.  There is vaccine hesitancy for a certain group on non-vaccinated people (how many is hard to tell) that is waiting for FDA approval.   There is a big enough population with confirmed efficacy for the FDA to approve and give people that confidence.  Why they don’t do it is beyond me.  

So tell me again about this “bogeyman” and “fully approved” bulls#!t you spew.  

• Fire 2
9 minutes ago, jaws said:

Really? Like the US government hasn't experimented on black populations before? I am not saying we shouldn't all be vaccinated, but I understand why certain populations, given past history, do not trust the government when it comes to this stuff. 

Example: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuskegee_Syphilis_Study

Yes. Really.

If this is another Tuskegee, it affects all of us.  So then every other segment of the population should be just as hesitant about it because the government is experimenting with us all.

People who believe that are morons.

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

He sure as heck didn't push back against the people speaking at the Republican conference who actively campaign for people to not get the vaccine....while the whole crowd cheered them on.  The same conference where he spread more and more lies.

If he didn’t mention the vaccine at the conference your talking about, it was a missed opportunity to do some good.  

• Plus1 1

Just now, Archy1221 said:

Since this is a space I am very familiar with, I can confidently say you are being very ignorant and misinformed.  

Zero companies have an FDA approved vaccine.  Three companies have an EUA.  There is a distinction and they are very much NOT the same.  There is vaccine hesitancy for a certain group on non-vaccinated people (how many is hard to tell) that is waiting for FDA approval.   There is a big enough population with confirmed efficacy for the FDA to approve and give people that confidence.  Why they don’t do it is beyond me.  

So tell me again about this “bogeyman” and “fully approved” bulls#!t you spew.  

The vaccines are approved for use under the EUA process. The vaccines have not been around long enough to have gone through the regular process since it generally takes a year or more since there's a requirement for 6 months of clinical trial data, which is the entire reason the EUA process was used. There's now been hundreds of millions of vaccine doses given out and tons of data on the side-effects. The data is already in for everything except long-term effects that we can't know until a long time has passed. Literally nothing will change for the regular approval process except some paperwork submitted to the FDA. That's why it's a nonsense bogeyman, and you're being disingenuous by spreading this misinformation about "fully approved". It's nothing but propaganda.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

He sure as heck didn't push back against the people speaking at the Republican conference who actively campaign for people to not get the vaccine....while the whole crowd cheered them on.  The same conference where he spread more and more lies.

9 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

That’s not who we were talking about :dunno

I've bolded the part that is the people being talked about.

45 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

The vaccines are approved for use under the EUA process. The vaccines have not been around long enough to have gone through the regular process since it generally takes a year or more since there's a requirement for 6 months of clinical trial data, which is the entire reason the EUA process was used. There's now been hundreds of millions of vaccine doses given out and tons of data on the side-effects. The data is already in for everything except long-term effects that we can't know until a long time has passed. Literally nothing will change for the regular approval process except some paperwork submitted to the FDA. That's why it's a nonsense bogeyman, and you're being disingenuous by spreading this misinformation about "fully approved". It's nothing but propaganda.

1) I’m not spreading misinformation.  I’m being factual.  For some reason you keep spouting some incorrect talking point that for some reason you still don’t know is factually incorrect.   I’m fully vaccinated and believe in the vaccines so I have no dog in this fight.  I’m telling you why some people are not getting vaccinated and you just are not understanding those peoples view point and it’s stupid to not understand that as Fauci has even said an approval will help sway some holdouts. 
2)  The FDA process can be changed for extraordinary circumstances as it already has been for these vaccines.  The N is so large with over half the population with one shot the safety argument timeline is out the window.  That was decided long ago.  What’s the point of waiting for 6 months for submission for safety data when over 70% of the population will have had a shot?

3). People are Covid-19 vaccine hesitant for a variety of reasons….a) crazies that think Bill Gates will be monitoring them. b) crazies that listen to other crazies who say it’s a gov conspiracy or something against God’s plan. c) people who can’t get vaccines. d) people who can’t tolerate vaccines well and only get the absolute necessary ones. d) people who don’t really take many medications and want to see FDA approval before they put anything into their bodies.  In their mind it’s still experimental…..these are the people the FDA can help

capture and bring into the vaccine fold.  

Try and be a little more informed before you accuse someone of spreading misinformation.  

• Plus1 2

11 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I've bolded the part that is the people being talked about.

I pretty clearly was posting that if Trump didn’t promote the vaccine at the conference it was a missed opportunity to do some good.  Didn’t mention Alex or anyone else one time 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

1) I’m not spreading misinformation.  I’m being factual.  For some reason you keep spouting some incorrect talking point that for some reason you still don’t know is factually incorrect.   I’m fully vaccinated and believe in the vaccines so I have no dog in this fight.  I’m telling you why some people are not getting vaccinated and you just are not understanding those peoples view point and it’s stupid to not understand that as Fauci has even said an approval will help sway some holdouts. 
2)  The FDA process can be changed for extraordinary circumstances as it already has been for these vaccines.  The N is so large with over half the population with one shot the safety argument timeline is out the window.  That was decided long ago.  What’s the point of waiting for 6 months for submission for safety data when over 70% of the population will have had a shot?

3). People are Covid-19 vaccine hesitant for a variety of reasons….a) crazies that think Bill Gates will be monitoring them. b) crazies that listen to other crazies who say it’s a gov conspiracy or something against God’s plan. c) people who can’t get vaccines. d) people who can’t tolerate vaccines well and only get the absolute necessary ones. d) people who don’t really take many medications and want to see FDA approval before they put anything into their bodies.  In their mind it’s still experimental…..these are the people the FDA can help

capture and bring into the vaccine fold.  

Try and be a little more informed before you accuse someone of spreading misinformation.  

You know we can read your posts, right?

21 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Would be nice if the FDA would get off their a$$ and actually approve the damn vaccines.  

You're contributing to the misinformation about whether the vaccines have been approved. As you admit, there's literally nothing different except some regulatory paperwork.

Just now, RedDenver said:

You know we can read your posts, right?

You're contributing to the misinformation about whether the vaccines have been approved. As you admit, there's literally nothing different except some regulatory paperwork.

Well I hope you can read and assume you can since you reply nonsense to people :dunno

What misinformation am I contributing to?  The vaccines literally HAVE NOT BEEN APPROVED!   They have an EUA.  That distinction doesn’t mean much to people like you or me but it does to a portion of the population.  That “regulatory paperwork” means something to a portion of the population that is vaccine hesitant. since you clearly know next to nothing about the FDA and approval processes, there is no point in discussing with you.  

Try and know what your talking about before accusing someone of spreading or contributing to misinformation.     This will help.  You will be smarter for it. 

https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consumer-updates/understanding-regulatory-terminology-potential-preventions-and-treatments-covid-19

• Plus1 1