The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

12 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Two ways to look at it: Western Nebraska is still largely unvaccinated, and the CWS brought tons of out-of-staters to Omaha, from areas of the country that are also largely unvaccinated. 

Totally forgot about the CWS.  I am sure that played a huge part.

How do front line health care workers not lose their s#!t with these people?  You pull a yeoman's effort putting your own life at risk, and that of your family's, for over a year and now you have to do it all over again because the "'Merika, muh freedoms" crowd won't get vaccinated due to owning the libs or whatever ignorant reason of the day it is now.  This thing could be behind us all if people would just stop out-thinking themselves. There's no way an ER nurse or doctor doesn't get callous to this horses#!t. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
50 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

How do front line health care workers not lose their s#!t with these people?  You pull a yeoman's effort putting your own life at risk, and that of your family's, for over a year and now you have to do it all over again because the "'Merika, muh freedoms" crowd won't get vaccinated due to owning the libs or whatever ignorant reason of the day it is now.  This thing could be behind us all if people would just stop out-thinking themselves. There's no way an ER nurse or doctor doesn't get callous to this horses#!t. 

The ones that amaze me are the front line healthcare workers that refuse to get vaccinated.

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, Scarlet said:

Unfortunately that is not the whole story with vaccine hesitancy.  I wouldn't characterize the African American or Hispanic communities largely 'Merikah' in ideology.  Yet both demographics are significantly underrepresented in vaccinations nationwide.  Sure, there are defiant idiots out there trying to prove some kind of point.  But there is a lot of mistrust (understandably) in the minority community of the government that no amount of free beer or lottery tickets can overcome.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
On 7/6/2021 at 4:29 PM, Enhance said:

Virtually every former and active military person I know gets a chuckle out of vaccine apprehension.

A friend of mine (former U.S. Army) said his first day in the military was effectively a smorgasbord of nondescript shots and vaccinations. They didn't really have a clue of all the different shots they were receiving. They didn't get an a la carte menu asking them what they wanted. It was just line up, shot. Line up, shot. Line up, shot.

I'm guessing this Kinzinger guy was being hyperbolic with his '3890' value, but given the stupidity and consternation surrounding COVID, it's probably best to either be accurate or generic.

Kinzinger is clearly exaggerating. He served in the military prior to his political career (and he's one of the very few sane GOP members who you could reasonably disagree with on policy and not morals).

I think everyone know the long running joke of how many shots you get during basic or boot camp by now, but to add to it; my dad talks about it every now and then. In the late 60s he got more shots than he can remember, and said some guys were even passing out from the needles.

• Plus1 2

This will give strong teacher unions the ammo to not open up in-person learning.  

Those of you that live in areas with strong teacher unions, get ready to be at home with your kids again, 24/7 and get ready to start b!^@hing about how you have to do your job and teach your kid math while you rant on social media about how teachers are lazy and worthless. 

When this thing finally ends, the only "heros" left are going to be f#&%ing firemen.  Unreal.

• Fire 1
1 hour ago, teachercd said:

This will give strong teacher unions the ammo to not open up in-person learning.  

Those of you that live in areas with strong teacher unions, get ready to be at home with your kids again, 24/7 and get ready to start b!^@hing about how you have to do your job and teach your kid math while you rant on social media about how teachers are lazy and worthless. 

When this thing finally ends, the only "heros" left are going to be f#&%ing firemen.  Unreal.

can you show us on that doll where the fireman hurt you?  

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, commando said:

can you show us on that doll where the fireman hurt you?  

No but I can show you on my property taxes!

Also, is it a requirement that all stations must have at least three 80,000 dollar Ford or Chevy trucks parked outside at all times?

#NotAllHerosWearCapesButIGuessTheyAllDrive80,000DOllarTrucks

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, teachercd said:

The small town fireman might be the easiest gig there is. Hero feels like a stretch.