The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

On 6/28/2021 at 9:12 PM, DevoHusker said:

Absolutely pathetic. My parents live in Western Nebraska, and thank heavens they got vaccinated months ago. 

8 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

"Notice anything?"

Uh...they're all in green...? 

Go on...

• Haha 1
On 6/28/2021 at 9:12 PM, DevoHusker said:

Its not for a lack of access though—it’s mostly willful ignorance and stupidity on their part. 

I’ve seen where there have been offers by nurses/doctors to take vaccines to people directly in these rural areas, and they reject them out of hand because they believe the stupidity about COVID being a farce, the numbers being a lie, and all the other conspiracy theory dumpster fire rhetoric that most conservative media outlets have ran with. 

Hell…some of these morons would rather not get vaccinated just because they don’t want to see the nation hit the 70% goal and give a perceived win to Biden. Yes—they’d rather stick it to someone who has done more for everyone in this country in less than a year than the prior administration did in four. 

• Plus1 3

19 hours ago, Scarlet said:

Hmmm.... wondering if the Gov will put this into his political calculus and maybe get out as the face of the vaccine effort.  Do a few PSAs.  Tell Trump and his super spreader events maybe later.  Or rethink his drink on masks and vaccine verification? 

If this rips through Florida his presidential aspirations take a hit.  Especially if his supporters are dead. 

At this point, you’d think the GOP would be concerned about their population base getting vaccinated—Trump-supporting “conservatives” are going to be prime targets for this variant, and they’re already losing people on the voting rolls due to death and old age. 

We really need a viable third party so the sane Republicans can peel off, join moderate Democrats, and let Trump have the GOP. In one or two voting cycles, the Trump GOP will be dead anyway—either their political power base will crumble, or their sheep will literally die from the misinformation they believe. And the country will be better for it. 

• Plus1 3
On 7/5/2021 at 10:57 AM, BigRedBuster said:

Virtually every former and active military person I know gets a chuckle out of vaccine apprehension.

A friend of mine (former U.S. Army) said his first day in the military was effectively a smorgasbord of nondescript shots and vaccinations. They didn't really have a clue of all the different shots they were receiving. They didn't get an a la carte menu asking them what they wanted. It was just line up, shot. Line up, shot. Line up, shot.

I'm guessing this Kinzinger guy was being hyperbolic with his '3890' value, but given the stupidity and consternation surrounding COVID, it's probably best to either be accurate or generic.

• Plus1 3