The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/gov-ron-desantis-sells-dont-fauci-my-florida-merch-as-his-states-covid-19-cases-spike-11626287447

Cases are rapidly rising in Florida now but what does DeSantis do?  He's boxed himself in as the anti-mitigation candidate who's now selling campaign merchandise slamming basically any step that could be put in place to help stem the tide of the latest surge. 

If he puts any steps in place he'll lose his Trumpist base.  If he doesn't the Delta variant just might lay waste to many of his constituents and in turn, not only his gubernatorial election hopes, but also his presidential election chances. 

Sometimes a big mouth comes back to bite you in the end.  Let's hope not.  I'd advise him to do double duty pushing vaccines ASAP.  But I doubt he does.

• Plus1 2

3 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/gov-ron-desantis-sells-dont-fauci-my-florida-merch-as-his-states-covid-19-cases-spike-11626287447

Cases are rapidly rising in Florida now but what does DeSantis do?  He's boxed himself in as the anti-mitigation candidate who's now selling campaign merchandise slamming basically any step that could be put in place to help stem the tide of the latest surge. 

If he puts any steps in place he'll lose his Trumpist base.  If he doesn't the Delta variant just might lay waste to many of his constituents and in turn, not only his gubernatorial election hopes, but also his presidential election chances. 

Sometimes a big mouth comes back to bite you in the end.  Let's hope not.  I'd advise him to do double duty pushing vaccines ASAP.  But I doubt he does.

all he has to do is scream "fake news" and he will be good.   

43 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Is Rich Eisen severely ill or requiring hospitalization?  I understand that I may still get COVID after being vaccinated, but I am confident that the vaccination will help in the severity of illness, if I were to get the virus. 

He's simply saying regardless of being double vaxxed you can still catch Covid.  Even if I already knew beforehand that I'd be 'ok' and not die from getting it myself I still very much do not want to get it.  Way too many unknown long term possible complications.

11 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

He's simply saying regardless of being double vaxxed you can still catch Covid.  Even if I already knew beforehand that I'd be 'ok' and not die from getting it myself I still very much do not want to get it.  Way too many unknown long term possible complications.

Just curious, do you not want to get COVID or the vaccine?