The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

10 hours ago, admo said:

Excuse me??  Are you calling black community morons?!! 

Majority of the community isn't going to get the vaccine.  There's no trust with the govt, so deal with it. 

Stop bringing up republicans.

If they're not getting the vaccine because far right personalities are telling them not to, or they don't believe the scientific community, or because they just don't want to for any rhyme of reason.. then yes, that's pretty stupid. If they won't for medical reasons or historical trauma, I can sympathize. A 40 year Tuskegee study and other American events probably haven't helped with respects to the black community's trust for government. But that's a deeper conversation that would delve into the inequality that exists within America's communities of minority. Something I believe many far right republicans would just assume ignore. I know, I know I keep talking about the far right, but who the hell can ignore the 20,000lb elephant in the room? They keep talking stupid so here we are. 

Nonetheless, as we see 99% of deaths coming from unvaccinated people, why do far right and anti-vaccine folks continue to push mistrust over a vaccine that is keeping people safe? If there is a democrat who is pushing  people to not get vaccinated, they're a moron too. And if you have the ability to be able to educate yourself about the facts of the vaccine and still choose not to get it because you've been spoon fed lies and fear by other morons, those individuals are stupid too. This notion that vaccines haven't be approved is absurd. Bad enough there is a constant battle with the anti-vax community wackodoodles. Now we have to throw these politicized far right republicans into the mix too. You know who they're hurting the most by spreading fear mongering tactics about vaccines? The black community. And if your notion about the black community is correct, it's almost like those people don't want the black community to be protected. Why the hell is that? 

And yes, I agree the majority of people, black, white, blue (here's looking at you Kentucky) who haven't got the vaccine aren't going to get the vaccine because of government mistrust spread by... well you know. And that is downright moronic. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Well I hope you can read and assume you can since you reply nonsense to people :dunno

What misinformation am I contributing to?  The vaccines literally HAVE NOT BEEN APPROVED!   They have an EUA.  That distinction doesn’t mean much to people like you or me but it does to a portion of the population.  That “regulatory paperwork” means something to a portion of the population that is vaccine hesitant. since you clearly know next to nothing about the FDA and approval processes, there is no point in discussing with you.  

Try and know what your talking about before accusing someone of spreading or contributing to misinformation.     This will help.  You will be smarter for it. 

https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consumer-updates/understanding-regulatory-terminology-potential-preventions-and-treatments-covid-19

Maybe you should spend your time explaining to people why that distinction doesn't matter, especially in this case instead of fueling the fires of vaccine hesitancy by saying things like "actually approve".

I'll admit to being baffled by this. trump & co. expect praise for Warp Speed developing the vaccines, but there's nothing from trump or Jared (who seems to have fallen off the face of the earth) or anyone in the Republican halls of power to encourage their constituents to get vaccinated. 

It's a bizarre dichotomy. 

• Plus1 1

https://www.denverpost.com/2021/06/25/covid-19-vaccine-rates-donald-trump-joe-biden/

If this is a race issue and black people aren't getting vaccinated because of mistrust, why is it sharply divided politically?

The divide among the states is striking. Quite a few states will hit President Joe Biden’s goal to have 70% of adults vaccinated by July 4, and nearly all of those are states Biden won in last year’s presidential election. The states that are coming up short of the vaccine goal are those states won by then-President Donald Trump.

One party keeps preaching to get the vaccine.  The other keeps supporting and preaching to NOT get the vaccine.

• Plus1 1

https://www.vox.com/2021/7/6/22554198/political-polarization-vaccine-covid-19-coronavirus

Fast-forward to today, and this polarization remains in place with the vaccines. According to Civiqs’s polling, 95 percent of Democrats are already vaccinated or want to get vaccinated, while just 50 percent of Republicans report the same. The share of Republicans who reject the vaccine hasn’t significantly budged all year, remaining in the range of 41 to 46 percent.

• Plus1 1

56 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Maybe you should spend your time explaining to people why that distinction doesn't matter, especially in this case instead of fueling the fires of vaccine hesitancy by saying things like "actually approve".

Maybe because it’s not my job nor can I just randomly contact millions of people not would I be effective in doing so.  And yes, the vaccine is not yet actually approved by the FDA.  It has an EUA.  

• Plus1 1
46 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

One party keeps preaching to get the vaccine.  The other keeps supporting and preaching to NOT get the vaccine.

No, people in a party would be the correct verbiage.   But you keep on keeping on with that crusade of yours. 

• Plus1 2

20 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Thanks! I read it, and it basically confirms what @RedDenver has been saying, but you keep stressing the importance of "FDA Approved" without any further explanation. 

Appreciate the quick response. 

Actually I have explained that being FDA approved does matter to many people multiple times.  It’s the governments stamp of approval that a medicine is safe and effective.  @RedDenver doesn’t seem to know their is a difference.  

A portion of the population doesn’t know what EUA actually is or means, but they grew up knowing what it means to have an FDA approved medicine.  The US has had over 200 million injections.   Just approve it already and it help some with vaccine hesitancy. 

13 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm glad you are a good example using that verbiage when talking about Democrats or liberals.

Thank you

• Plus1 1
Just now, Archy1221 said:

Actually I have explained that being FDA approved does matter to many people multiple times.  It’s the governments stamp of approval that a medicine is safe and effective.

So is an EUA. 

What you haven't shown is which people that matters to, or shown examples of other vaccines people refused to use because it wasn't fully "FDA approved." Citing those examples would make the case. 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

Actually I have explained that being FDA approved does matter to many people multiple times.  It’s the governments stamp of approval that a medicine is safe and effective.  @RedDenver doesn’t seem to know their is a difference.  

I know the difference - literally a stamp of regulatory paperwork being filed correctly at this point. FDA is following their process - nothing about that will change anything about the safety or effectiveness of the vaccines.

The reason it matters to some people is because there's a broad disinformation campaign telling them it matters for some reason. You're helping those campaigns by giving weight to the "actually approved" nonsense. I get that you want the FDA to go ahead and just mark it as being approved under the regular process because there's an urgent need for people to get vaccinated, but the FDA has a process for that - the EUA - and the FDA did that months ago.