The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

4 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Yeah. A massive and laudable effort, but that number jumped out at me as highly unsatisfying. 

But here's another anomaly to work with. India had it's biggest surge of the pandemic with Delta, and for a few weeks was racking up the most infections and deaths in the world. India's numbers have gone back down, and despite having four times the population, it has a fraction of U.S. deaths and infections. But India's vaccination rate is only 19.4%

You want to draw simple conclusions, but looking around the world it's hard to make them. 

Thank you for making reference to this. Lots of people that mention anything other than "vaccine or else" are shouted down or belittled, when in reality, we don't know a LOT about what has happened the last 20 months, and don't know what exactly is in store the next 20 months. 

• Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

6 minutes ago, knapplc said:

You spend a LOT of your time here showing who not to trust about the pandemic.

Who should we trust? Who do you trust for real, factual, information? 

That's my point.

Seek out ALL information and then make an informed personal decision. 

And, again for the record, I am a 2 shot Moderna guy.

• Oh Yeah! 1
2 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

That's my point.

Super transparent dodge.

What specific sources have you relied on for your informed decisions? 

8 hours ago, knapplc said:

Super transparent dodge.

What specific sources have you relied on for your informed decisions? 

From Merriam Webster:

several

more than two but not very many

9 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

That's my point.

I get this....and in theory, I agree with it.

However, the most anti COVID vax guy I know, firmly believes he has done just this.  Last Friday, I was in a group with him having a few beers.  I simply mentioned the vaccine and he goes off for about 20 minutes about all this anti-vax stuff.  He's talking about how his wife had to get a mammogram and she was asked if she had been vaccinated in the last 6 weeks.  He was all up in arms about that asking...."Why is that?  Why would that matter?  What's in it that would cause that?

I looked at him and simply said..."I have no idea.  Maybe it's the computer chip" and laughed.  That pissed him off even more.

The thing is, he THINKS he's more informed than anyone else because he's been reading all the crazy crap about it instead of trusting actual reliable sources.

• Plus1 3
2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I get this....and in theory, I agree with it.

However, the most anti COVID vax guy I know, firmly believes he has done just this.  Last Friday, I was in a group with him having a few beers.  I simply mentioned the vaccine and he goes off for about 20 minutes about all this anti-vax stuff.  He's talking about how his wife had to get a mammogram and she was asked if she had been vaccinated in the last 6 weeks.  He was all up in arms about that asking...."Why is that?  Why would that matter?  What's in it that would cause that?

I looked at him and simply said..."I have no idea.  Maybe it's the computer chip" and laughed.  That pissed him off even more.

The thing is, he THINKS he's more informed than anyone else because he's been reading all the crazy crap about it instead of trusting actual reliable sources.

Yep, I have had similar conversations. I have several co-workers that are unvaxed, but actually research nuances from reputable sources regarding vax vs natural defense after infection, mRNA data, side effects, etc. They also take into account that they are still here 20 months into this, and the overall survival rate is roughly 98.5%. Those type of folks are the ones I have made reference to on here. Unless they are forcibly held down, against their will, and given the injection, it will not happen. (for the record, I am not advocating that and hope I didn't give anyone any ideas) There are a couple who are totally into the crazy crap though...

So, again, why do so many on the left continue to feel the need to hammer on, belittle, disparage, threaten and name call those types of people? It absolutely won't change the outcome. 

1 hour ago, DevoHusker said:

From Merriam Webster:

several

more than two but not very many

You're a funny guy.

What are two of your favorite sources for correct pandemic information?

• Plus1 1
44 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Yep, I have had similar conversations. I have several co-workers that are unvaxed, but actually research nuances from reputable sources regarding vax vs natural defense after infection, mRNA data, side effects, etc. They also take into account that they are still here 20 months into this, and the overall survival rate is roughly 98.5%. Those type of folks are the ones I have made reference to on here. Unless they are forcibly held down, against their will, and given the injection, it will not happen. (for the record, I am not advocating that and hope I didn't give anyone any ideas) There are a couple who are totally into the crazy crap though...

So, again, why do so many on the left continue to feel the need to hammer on, belittle, disparage, threaten and name call those types of people? It absolutely won't change the outcome. 

I don't think it's left vs right.  I think it's vaccinated vs unvaccinated.  And....I think it's from frustration.

I know that I have done pretty much everything I have been asked to do.  I wore masks when asked.  I got vaccinated...etc.  But, we are still in all this crap, in part because so many people are like my friend and refuse to do any of it.

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I don't think it's left vs right.  I think it's vaccinated vs unvaccinated.  And....I think it's from frustration.

I know that I have done pretty much everything I have been asked to do.  I wore masks when asked.  I got vaccinated...etc.  But, we are still in all this crap, in part because so many people are like my friend and refuse to do any of it.

You are probably right. But, as we're told here most every day, that tends to lend itself towards left and right. 

As to your experience since March of last year, mine has been similar.