The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

1 hour ago, commando said:

i would assume most of those who died were not vaccinated and didn't believe in masks.  if they want to play stupid games they can win the stupid prizes.  unfortunately the school system now has to replace a lot of valuable personel because of those individual rights.

Are they stupid or are they valuable?  

• Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I understand that I was more suggesting the specific 17 deaths in the florida school district. If they were unvaccinated which can be inferred based on the statistics we do know then why the heck didnt they take the steps needed to protect themselves? 

Sorry. That I do not know. 

10 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I understand that I was more suggesting the specific 17 deaths in the florida school district. If they were unvaccinated which can be inferred based on the statistics we do know then why the heck didnt they take the steps needed to protect themselves? 

to own the libs?

3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Wasn’t me, but why can’t people do self mitigation?  Why does it have to be mandated?  Teachers can’t wear masks on their own? 

Because self mitigation doesn't work as well when some science denying mouth breather comes in sneezing all over the place.  In theory personal responsibility is great.  But have you looked around?

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, commando said:

i would assume most of those who died were not vaccinated and didn't believe in masks.  if they want to play stupid games they can win the stupid prizes.  unfortunately the school system now has to replace a lot of valuable personel because of those individual rights.

And, this is why I am not in favor of really strict mandates on this stuff anymore.  There is a vaccine.  Anyone can get it for free.  It's easy and proven to be very effective to prevent severe cases and death.

And....it's why I really have a hard time feeling sorry for people who refuse to get the vaccine and end up sick or dying.  

• Plus1 1
58 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Do any of you still wear masks?  

I only do if the place I am going requires them.  But that is it, what about you guys?

I wear a mask when I leave the house, and probably will for a while, but that's due to an immunocompromised situation more than mandates.

If the last year & a half have taught me anything, it's that masks are really easy and unobtrusive to wear. I'll probably continue to wear a mask during flu season from now on.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, knapplc said:

I wear a mask when I leave the house, and probably will for a while, but that's due to an immunocompromised situation more than mandates.

If the last year & a half have taught me anything, it's that masks are really easy and unobtrusive to wear. I'll probably continue to wear a mask during flu season from now on.

Do you wear an N95 mask? Cloth masks aren't designed to protect you as much as protect those around you from you, right? Honestly just curious about your situation.

8 hours ago, teachercd said:

Do any of you still wear masks?  

I only do if the place I am going requires them.  But that is it, what about you guys?

the only masks I see in Douglas County are at the schools, and now a parent  can right a note that will allow their kids to skip wearing masks. I don't frequent any businesses that require masks. there may be some, but not many.