The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

The CDC. 

See how easy that was for me to make a non-snarky answer?

Thanks. The two I follow usually include info from the CDC, but I do go there independently as well. 

Mine to you contained no snark...after the Merriam Webster thing of course... :cheers

Just now, DevoHusker said:

Thanks. The two I follow usually include info from the CDC, but I do go there independently as well. 

Mine to you contained no snark...after the Merriam Webster thing of course... :cheers

Yes, your response contained no snark after your first two snarky responses.

8 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

You are probably right. But, as we're told here most every day, that tends to lend itself towards left and right. 

As to your experience since March of last year, mine has been similar. 

It is true that the left has more vaccinated than the right.  

But, I don't look at this particular question as being a right vs. left thing.  I have another friend in the group that is extremely conservative, but vaccinated.  He tends to join me in pushing his buttons.

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

And would they continue to do it if rep votes were public?

i can assume they wanted more death before they would consider it serious.   or at least they are defending the great republican idol who implemented the ban on mitigation efforts

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Wasn’t me, but why can’t people do self mitigation?  Why does it have to be mandated?  Teachers can’t wear masks on their own? 

i would assume most of those who died were not vaccinated and didn't believe in masks.  if they want to play stupid games they can win the stupid prizes.  unfortunately the school system now has to replace a lot of valuable personel because of those individual rights.

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

I would be interested in knowing which of those were vaccinated and which were not. I am not a fan of mandates etc. and am more of the personal responsibility type. Especially if your career is centered around being surrounded by tons of people each day. 

• Plus1 2
24 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I would be interested in knowing which of those were vaccinated and which were not. I am not a fan of mandates etc. and am more of the personal responsibility type. Especially if your career is centered around being surrounded by tons of people each day. 

CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky said on Tuesday that the vaccine is so effective that “nearly every death, especially among adults, due to COVID-19, is, at this point, entirely preventable.” She called such deaths “particularly tragic.”

Deaths in the U.S. have plummeted from a peak of more than 3,400 day on average in mid-January, one month into the vaccination drive.

About 63% of all vaccine-eligible Americans — those 12 and older — have received at least one dose, and 53% are fully vaccinated, according to the CDC. While vaccine remains scarce in much of the world, the U.S. supply is so abundant and demand has slumped so dramatically that shots sit unused.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
32 minutes ago, knapplc said:

CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky said on Tuesday that the vaccine is so effective that “nearly every death, especially among adults, due to COVID-19, is, at this point, entirely preventable.” She called such deaths “particularly tragic.”

Deaths in the U.S. have plummeted from a peak of more than 3,400 day on average in mid-January, one month into the vaccination drive.

About 63% of all vaccine-eligible Americans — those 12 and older — have received at least one dose, and 53% are fully vaccinated, according to the CDC. While vaccine remains scarce in much of the world, the U.S. supply is so abundant and demand has slumped so dramatically that shots sit unused.

I understand that I was more suggesting the specific 17 deaths in the florida school district. If they were unvaccinated which can be inferred based on the statistics we do know then why the heck didnt they take the steps needed to protect themselves?