The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

1 hour ago, NM11046 said:

I missed it in the article or thread then - were they going in for flu?

I am not sure. That is why a asked. I am curious to know because the spikes we are seeing could be x2, not counting all the reasons you listed. I know so many people that had COVID running through their families recently. They are saying they had a sore throat or maybe a minor sinus infection that hung around long enough that they decided to test for COVID and ended up positive. Plus we are running short on tests with two hours waits in the county so some people don’t bother getting tested. Omicron may be ripping through way more people than we know about with little affect. I hope this virus is burning itself out.

• Plus1 2

Same posters fall for the same type of Rep spin e v e r y s I n g l e time

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/changing-america/well-being/prevention-cures/588795-desantis-administration-says-it-let-a-million%3famp

As Guthrie, alongside Gov. Ron DeSantis, argued there wasn't sufficient demand for COVID-19 tests in Florida, a letter written to the state's surgeon general suggested the opposite

On Dec. 21, Miami-Dade County's mayor Daniella Levine Cava wrote a letter to Florida's Surgeon General Joseph Ladapo that asked for, "all possible tests be directed to Miami-Dade County to meet the growing demand for testing in our community." 

A video posted by Daniel Uhlfelder, a lawyer based in Florida, on Dec. 17 also showed a massive line up of cars of people waiting to get tested at a Miami COVID-19 testing center.  

But sure let's believe Desantis and his minions

40 minutes ago, nic said:

They are scared of DeSantis…he might be the next president.

You're letting it show that your bothsidesism is a crock

• Thanks 2
44 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Same posters fall for the same type of Rep spin e v e r y s I n g l e time

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/changing-america/well-being/prevention-cures/588795-desantis-administration-says-it-let-a-million%3famp

But sure let's believe Desantis and his minions

You're letting it show that your bothsidesism is a crock

You are quoting a lawyer who does cosplay as the grim reaper:laughpound

it was the second extension on the expirations date.  Facts kinda matter.   You fell for it a g a i n.  

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

You are quoting a lawyer who does cosplay as the grim reaper:laughpound

it was the second extension on the expirations date.  Facts kinda matter.   You fell for it a g a i n.  

During a press conference this week, Kevin Guthrie, director of Florida Department of Emergency Management, confirmed that between 800,000 to 1 million Abbott rapid COVID-19 tests had expired.  

"We received a three-month extension on those test kits, which ended up expiring between Dec. 26 to Dec. 30. We tried to give them out beforehand but there was no demand for it," said Guthrie. 

Mmmmm k :laughpound

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Mmmmmmm k They expired once before that and it was to be the second extension.  

Mmmmm k the extension went through the end of December (the 26th thru the 30th) at which time they expired.  

But......

On Dec. 21, Miami-Dade County's mayor Daniella Levine Cava wrote a letter to Florida's Surgeon General Joseph Ladapo that asked for, "all possible tests be directed to Miami-Dade County to meet the growing demand for testing in our community." 

A video posted by Daniel Uhlfelder, a lawyer based in Florida, on Dec. 17 also showed a massive line up of cars of people waiting to get tested at a Miami COVID-19 testing center.  

So there was documented demand.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
30 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Mmmmm k the extension went through the end of December (the 26th thru the 30th) at which time they expired.  

But......

So there was documented demand.

One week before they expired.   A letter was written 4 days prior to expiration to cover for demand that rose quite quickly I’m sure you are aware.  This isn’t really the dunk you pretend it to be:dunno

• Plus1 2