The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

9 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

One week before they expired.   A letter was written 4 days prior to expiration to cover for demand that rose quite quickly I’m sure you are aware.  This isn’t really the dunk you pretend it to be:dunno

Yeah so let's let them sit in a warehouse for 12 days or more as the video of long lines shows which was Dec 12th or 8 days as the letter shows.  Good idea.

Then let's lie about there not being demand before the tests expired.  Right on brand. 

:dunno

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Scarlet said:

You're letting it show that your bothsidesism is a crock

I am a realist. He has the best shot right now for the Repubs (in my opinion) which is why Dems are going after him. The other side goes after the person they fear. Its not rocket science. You do not see this with people like Abbot or Cruz. I guess you see it with Trump, but the Dems would get a gift if Trump ran again. Right now, who on the Dem side do the Republicans fear? Michelle Obama maybe? It certainly isn’t Harris or Biden. 

• Plus1 2

6 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

Newflash:  Everyone 100% should be scared of even just the thought of that ever happening.

Ronald DeSantis:  Infinity facepalms

West O Moms been going to the doctor for years with nothing wrong...so they can get those Xanax pills!  Hahaha

• Oh Yeah! 2

COVID really didn't touch our large inner circle for a year and a half.

Now it's everywhere. Close friends and family testing positive, some with a couple days of symptoms, other remaining asymptomatic. Our son is headed off to college where five guys are going to share a small apartment. We've accepted that he's going to get COVID. We're wearing masks around here and curtailing our gatherings --- a little. It seems clear that fully vaccinated people are being inconvenienced and not endangered by omicron. School attendance is a mess at the moment, but most expect the worst to pass within a couple weeks. No shutdowns, just extra caution. 

The infection numbers are insane, and no doubt they're actually higher. The death rate is disturbing ---- among the highest of the pandemic. 

But it's now a pandemic of the unvaccinated. And despite all the social media shares of anti-vaxxers dying, I'm not sure Americans are learning any lasting lessons from this. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

despite all the social media shares of anti-vaxxers dying, I'm not sure Americans are learning any lasting lessons from this. 

we can't say "avoid it like the plague" anymore as we have discovered a great many people won't do anything to avoid a plague.   at least if their political leaders scoff at and minimize the plague..   

I also am just now finally seeing my close circle run rampant with covid, after someone brought covid to our family Christmas gathering on the 1st. I hadn't had anyone really close to me test positive yet, and now absolutely everyone has it.

I tested positive. I feel absolutely fine though and would be at work if I didn't know any better. I had my booster shot about 3 weeks ago so that's probably why I don't feel anything, minus a very minor headache that lasted about a day and a half. So I've been at home doing a lot of odd jobs that I had been putting off.

My pregnant wife sounds like hell. About 4 straight days now of her coughing frequently through the entire day. She didn't have her booster and it has been 7 months since her second shot. Wish I could trade spots with her. 

4 of my 5 siblings tested positive, as well as the two spouses from that group. My 5th sibling did not get tested and is in Mexico right now because she had a vacation scheduled. Don't worry, during our family gathering she shared with us that she is wise and procured some home test kits for when she returns. Can't trust the Mexicans with this covid business...

My parents refuse to get tested. So they are both running around, presumptively spreading the virus. My mother says she just has a cough and feels fine. She makes her living working with the general public. 

No amount of shame from the bulk of their family will get through to them. It's like some kind of point of pride to be stronger than the virus and not be sick. Living in ignorance and spreading the disease. Next time I hear them complain about covid I'll be sure to remind them that they are part of the problem.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, mrandyk said:

I also am just now finally seeing my close circle run rampant with covid, after someone brought covid to our family Christmas gathering on the 1st. I hadn't had anyone really close to me test positive yet, and now absolutely everyone has it.

I tested positive. I feel absolutely fine though and would be at work if I didn't know any better. I had my booster shot about 3 weeks ago so that's probably why I don't feel anything, minus a very minor headache that lasted about a day and a half. So I've been at home doing a lot of odd jobs that I had been putting off.

My pregnant wife sounds like hell. About 4 straight days now of her coughing frequently through the entire day. She didn't have her booster and it has been 7 months since her second shot. Wish I could trade spots with her. 

4 of my 5 siblings tested positive, as well as the two spouses from that group. My 5th sibling did not get tested and is in Mexico right now because she had a vacation scheduled. Don't worry, during our family gathering she shared with us that she is wise and procured some home test kits for when she returns. Can't trust the Mexicans with this covid business...

My parents refuse to get tested. So they are both running around, presumptively spreading the virus. My mother says she just has a cough and feels fine. She makes her living working with the general public. 

No amount of shame from the bulk of their family will get through to them. It's like some kind of point of pride to be stronger than the virus and not be sick. Living in ignorance and spreading the disease. Next time I hear them complain about covid I'll be sure to remind them that they are part of the problem.

hope everyone gets better soon   especially your wife...covid and pregnant.  that has to be tough.   

• Plus1 1