The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

5 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Kinda late to the party on this one Jake from

CNN

I was one of those.  I was in the hospital for a severe leg infection.  I was also beyond 14 days from my first positive test.  I was forced to be on the Covid floor.  When I was on that floor, I also was barred for days from a needed MRI because I was covid positive. 

I don't have time to watch the video - but there was a WaPo article explaining the difference between hospitalized WITH covid and hospitalized FOR covid.  It's in the thread above - it's based on how clinical trials and other medical outcomes are labeled.  You must count and document everything regardless of causation.  

I hope that you're feeling better Crusader - I can only assume due to the 14 day mention that perhaps this was earlier on in the pandemic, but yes, they are still limiting where covid positive patients are cared for and their testing -it's an effort to keep staff and other patient's safe.

• Plus1 2

5 minutes ago, nic said:

This guy wants to get re-elected. I will say he has also been on the side of keeping kids in school. He came up the education path. Better than living in Chicago.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/business/2022/01/11/colorado-governor-polis-coronavirus-business-newday-vpx.cnn

The Chicago teacher's union has just been ridiculous through this whole thing.  They are an example of a group using COVID as an excuse to not do what they need to be doing.

• Plus1 1

I can’t decide whether believes what he says or is trying to expand his audience into a less politically correct crowd so he can be a comedian again.

https://www.al.com/life/2022/01/bill-maher-on-why-he-actually-loves-red-states-and-why-democracy-is-in-big-trouble.html

He likes red states because the conversation can be more open.
He is really worried about Trump and the 2024 election. 
He thinks it’s bad to debate politics all the time and that people should be able to let it go because they are not going to change everyone’s mind.

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

The Chicago teacher's union has just been ridiculous through this whole thing.  They are an example of a group using COVID as an excuse to not do what they need to be doing.

Yep!

They are a strong union for sure but they see this as their time to really attack.

Why teach at thee school when you can "teach" from home...and also make life easy for yourself, double dip by subbing at a nearby district that is not learning remote, or just enjoy the freedom of getting paid to not do much at all.

It is interesting because Chicago (most of Illinois) is Covid crazy but with that said most parents want their kids at school.  The CPS union is going to do all they can to go remote. 

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

Uh...

Not sure why I put Bill Maher in the COVID thread…oops.

Here is part of what he said. About the red state question.

“Bill Maher: I was in Nashville three or four months ago, I think the audience there was almost 50-50 between conservatives and liberals, which is quite a trick, I must say, in this era of a lack of bipartisanship, where everything is binary. It was great to see where there were people who don’t agree politically who can get in the same room. There were a few groans from the right when I said something bad about them, and some from the left when that happened. But basically everyone laughed together. And we have to get back to that.

This country is falling apart at the seams. Half the people are not going to self-deport. You see these tweets and memes about owning and destroying the other side. Get over it. You’re not owning or destroying anybody. No one’s going anywhere. We have to learn to live together again. So I find more of that spirit is possible in a place like the cities you mentioned, whereas San Francisco, that’s going to be a little problematic for me. They’re a little too politically correct. There’s going to be a lot of groaning at some of the things I say, and that’s not what a comedy show is supposed to be. Political correctness has always been the enemy of comedy. That’s been my banner from the beginning.“

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2
1 hour ago, nic said:

“Bill Maher: I was in Nashville three or four months ago, I think the audience there was almost 50-50 between conservatives and liberals, which is quite a trick, I must say, in this era of a lack of bipartisanship, where everything is binary. It was great to see where there were people who don’t agree politically who can get in the same room. There were a few groans from the right when I said something bad about them, and some from the left when that happened. But basically everyone laughed together. And we have to get back to that.

This country is falling apart at the seams. Half the people are not going to self-deport. You see these tweets and memes about owning and destroying the other side. Get over it. You’re not owning or destroying anybody. No one’s going anywhere. We have to learn to live together again. So I find more of that spirit is possible in a place like the cities you mentioned, whereas San Francisco, that’s going to be a little problematic for me. They’re a little too politically correct. There’s going to be a lot of groaning at some of the things I say, and that’s not what a comedy show is supposed to be. Political correctness has always been the enemy of comedy. That’s been my banner from the beginning.“

He's not wrong.

1 hour ago, nic said:

It's probably small potatoes to some, but, if allowed, the far left will eventually ruin comedy. They're already trying.

• Plus1 3