The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

The virus doesn't care about your crackpot political ideology. It will find you, and if you are unlucky enough, it will harm you. Possibly kill you. 

Chances are he will be okay, and that's good.

What's bad?  He'll likely claim he was okay "because of" whatever treatments he was on and then his fans will assume that is all they need.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, commando said:

he claims he has covid.    

Yes.  And he'll very likely survive. This is good.  And he will likely give credit to the treatments he's been taking. This is bad.

It will lead other people to rely on those instead of just getting vaccinated which has real data that shows vaccinated people are much more likely to have mild to moderate symptoms instead of hospitalization and/or death.

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Yes.  And he'll very likely survive. This is good.  And he will likely give credit to the treatments he's been taking. This is bad.

It will lead other people to rely on those instead of just getting vaccinated which has real data that shows vaccinated people are much more likely to have mild to moderate symptoms instead of hospitalization and/or death.

I have a hard time sympathizing with people who take medical advice from Glenn Beck. 

• Plus1 2
23 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I have a hard time sympathizing with people who take medical advice from Glenn Beck. 

I literally had a family member tell me he's not getting the booster because he was listening to Glenn Beck the other day and Glenn said those that are unvaxxed are doing better then those that are vaxxed.  I just told him to stop at " I was listening to Glenn Beck the other day"

If Glenn Beck dies so be it.  I'm not sure him surviving is good if that means others are going to die because of the bulls#!t he spews on a daily basis.

• Plus1 2

Just now, Jason Sitoke said:

These people are all around you.  You might even call some of them friends or family.  It's mind-numbing and frustrating, but unfortunately alarmingly common. 

I think we're all aware that members of our own families fall into this crowd by now.

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

I understand your personal interest in this. But it's a bad ruling and it's going to hurt the country more than the mandate. 

You and I disagree.....and that's fine.

On a personal note.  We were required to start masking unvaccinated people on Monday.  I lost a key employee because of it.  He was an extreme antivaxer and just absolutely got weird the closer this got.  No, he's not coming back because he burned all bridges on the way out.  So, he can sit at home for a while, while looking for another job.  I would have had more of these once the testing started in a couple weeks.

• Plus1 1