The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

1 minute ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

It's probably small potatoes to some, but, if allowed, the far left will eventually ruin comedy. They're already trying.

Well it's the only thing left since the far right is trying to ruin everything else.

When will we all join forces against the extremes?  Seriously.  Far left wackodoodles and far right douchebags are not good for our country.  When are we going to finally be fed up with it?

• Plus1 3

3 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Well it's the only thing left since the far right is trying to ruin everything else.

When will we all join forces against the extremes?  Seriously.  Far left wackodoodles and far right douchebags are not good for our country.  When are we going to finally be fed up with it?

We could probably debate all day on which side is ruining the country more, but I couldn't agree with you more on the rest of it. The extremes from both sides are frustrating.

• Plus1 2

36 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

It's probably small potatoes to some, but, if allowed, the far left will eventually ruin comedy. They're already trying.

i agree with you.  However, I would say it's politically opinionated people who can't laugh at themselves that will ruin comedy.  

A few years ago I was on a vacation to Chicago with a group of people all from my home town and all are staunch MAGA voters.  I took them to Second City Theater.  This is the place that a lot of the original Saturday Night Live comics came from.  It's truly historic in the comedy world.

They hated it so much that they were pissed off and almost got up and walked out in the middle of it because there were skits making fun of right wingers.

People need to get a life and calm down and laugh at themselves every once in a while.

• Plus1 3
Just now, BigRedBuster said:

i agree with you.  However, I would say it's politically opinionated people who can't laugh at themselves that will ruin comedy.  

A few years ago I was on a vacation to Chicago with a group of people all from my home town and all are staunch MAGA voters.  I took them to Second City Theater.  This is the place that a lot of the original Saturday Night Live comics came from.  It's truly historic in the comedy world.

They hated it so much that they were pissed off and almost got up and walked out in the middle of it because there were skits making fun of right wingers.

People need to get a life and calm down and laugh at themselves every once in a while.

Oh for sure, most criticisms can be traced back to both sides of the political spectrum. Though, Rogan, Chapelle and others don't seem to be worried about their careers being ruined by the MAGA crowd.

• Oh Yeah! 1
10 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Oh for sure, most criticisms can be traced back to both sides of the political spectrum. Though, Rogan, Chapelle and others don't seem to be worried about their careers being ruined by the MAGA crowd.

Of course they don't - they cater to that crowd. Other comics don't, and right-wingers would cancel them in a heartbeat if they could. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, knapplc said:

Of course they don't - they cater to that crowd. Other comics don't, and right-wingers would cancel them in a heartbeat if they could. 

Chapelle caters to white, right wingers? That's a bit of a stretch. He seems to mock white people (along with everyone else) at every turn.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Chapelle caters to white, right wingers? That's a bit of a stretch. He seems to mock white people (along with everyone else) at every turn.

Chappelle isn't doing his anti-trans jokes for the benefit of Leftists...  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1