Eric the Red

HB Quentin Castille

I disagree. If any position is going to get PT on offense, it is more than likely either going to be tight end or running back. Of course youre not going to be in on all the plays, but if youre good enough they will give you about 20-30 plays to remember and put them in when they get those down. He more than likely wont be in on any passing plays until he proves that he can pass block but they can sure as hell give him the ball and tell him to run. If he is good enough he will play.

QUOTE(T-BONE @ May 22 2007, 05:41 PM)

He is going to see alot of playing time i think !

I doubt it especially with marlon and cody glenn also factor in the west coast takes forever to learn and he wasn't here for spring if he was here for spring then maybe he would see significant PT but I would like him to redshirt this year. like I would have like marlon to redshirt his freshman year the west coast just isn't an offence you see significant PT your freshman year especialy at RB

I'd have to agree with T-Bone on this one. I think that Quentin sees the field this year. Just a hunch. Cody, Wilson, Lucky played their first year in Cally's system. I think that bc the depth at RB is a question mark, Quentin gets some reps - maybe mid season or so. I don't have a lot of confidence that the starting running backs will get through the season unscathed. Plus, I think that Callahan really likes this kid....thinks that he has talent to contribute right away. Remember....Cally went after Quentin when the kid was waivering after we had recruited Mendoza. Just a hunch....but I think they we'll see him play this year.

i cant wait to see this guy on the field

In their recruiting buzz section, Sporting News has Quentin as the recruit as making the most immediate impact. (Apparently not counting JUCO transfers.)

In their recruiting buzz section, Sporting News has Quentin as the recruit as making the most immediate impact. (Apparently not counting JUCO transfers.)

In the nation or at Nebraska?

In the nation or at Nebraska?

Nebraska. Had our class as #2 in the Big 12 behind Texas, but I think we've seen that before.

I just saw a picture of Castille on rivals. DAMN that is one BIG dude.

Not fat....... BIG! Word is he is around 250 .

He is going to see some playing time this season. I cant wait to see what he can do.

Callahan says Castille is at the expected weight and is in good shape. He expects the weight to come down to around 245 over the course of fall camp. Culbert also said Castille is huge and runs well.

The guy is going to LEVEL defenders. This should be fun to watch.

i feel sorry for the first person that tries to take him down heads up

i feel sorry for the first person that tries to take him down heads up

First , second..... hell anyone who trys to take him heads up will pay. I wonder what his 40 is now?

I think he's going to be a very punishing and different kind of runner for us. You're right it will be very fun to watch. The guy is a horse. Who does he remind you of? A Michael Bush type maybe?

I think he's going to be a very punishing and different kind of runner for us. You're right it will be very fun to watch. The guy is a horse. Who does he remind you of? A Michael Bush type maybe?

At that weight? The Bus? Earl Campbell? I'm looking forward to seeing him run over some guys.

I think he has good chance of being used this year. Glenn might be used in similar situations (short yardage), but since Glenn will need to be an all-around back this year, I could see Castille contributing in special situations.

Offensive coordinator Shawn Watson agreed. "We'll try to develop three or four backs to carry the load."

We know who 2 of the guys are. Who are the other 1-2?

It was reported that Lucky left yesterdays practice with heat exhaustion and in his place Helu got a lot of reps with the number 1 offense. He and Castille are without a doubt the other one two punch. All reports out of camp are that Helu has looked very good.

It was reported that Lucky left yesterdays practice with heat exhaustion and in his place Helu got a lot of reps with the number 1 offense. He and Castille are without a doubt the other one two punch. All reports out of camp are that Helu has looked very good.

Lucky actually left practice this morning because of a concusion and was held out of practice this afternoon and is listed as day to day

Glenn was held out because of a hamstring problem.

but yes he and Castille did get some good reps with the #1s today

Castille at practice today gave Thenarse about a 20 yard ride. Made Ricky T look bad.

UNFREAKINGBELIEVABLE!!.

Watch him explode up the depth chart as his knowledge of the playbook increases.

Castille got his 4 stars on rivals. Went from a 5.5 to a 5.8 in their rating system. This is our 3rd 4 star player.

sounds good but stars arent everything