Lawsuit claims UNL, athletic department protect Huskers accused of sexual assault

2 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Do you think there's any chance that Frost and some staff sat down and asked the question, "Are these guys worth it? You think they'll stay out of trouble? Are they safe?"

Yes, not so much to each other but they ask their HS coaches, teachers and counselors.  

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Do you think there's any chance that Frost and some staff sat down and asked the question, "Are these guys worth it? You think they'll stay out of trouble? Are they safe?"

What @teachercd said.

Do you have any knowledge that there was any indication before Frost signed them that they had this type of character?

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

What @teachercd said.

Do you have any knowledge that there was any indication before Frost signed them that they had this type of character?

Just from what I have seen and it is limited, unless the HS coach knows the college coach really really well, most of the info they give is pretty standard.  

Great kid

Needs some guidance (if he is a troublemaker)

Will work really hard

Needs someone to stay on top of him (if he doesn't work hard)

That kind of stuff...

It is really hard for a HS coach to s#!t on a kids full ride because the kid was an a$$h@!e in HS...

Now...it is different if the kid already has police issues but under 18 there is a chance that not many people would even know about that with how child court works.

5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

What @teachercd said.

No, I don't, and I'm not making any assertions about Frost's "culture".

But toxic or dangerous culture isn't made by fat cats in cigars saying, "let's bring this potential rapist to campus." It's much more subtle than that. It's deciding to take a chance on players you have small lingering doubts about, one too many times. It's rolling the dice on 5% more uncertainty than you would if you were winning or had gotten here sooner. 

19 minutes ago, Landlord said:

But toxic or dangerous culture isn't made by fat cats in cigars saying, "let's bring this potential rapist to campus." It's much more subtle than that. It's deciding to take a chance on players you have small lingering doubts about, one too many times. It's rolling the dice on 5% more uncertainty than you would if you were winning or had gotten here sooner. 

I don't think it's a coincidence that the biggest trouble Frost has had with guys were in his first recruiting class.  I am referencing Hunt, Legrone, and Washington.  Frost was trying to bring in as good as a class as he could in a quick time period.  He wasn't able to get enough of a background review on the guys in a few weeks.  With the subsequent classes, Frost and the staff had a lot more time to get to know the kids, their coaches, and the type of kids they are.  I think everyone knew Washington had a troubled past, but his type of talent is probably worth the risk of bringing in him in.  Hunt and Legrone might not have been worth it.

51 minutes ago, Landlord said:

I agree that's how dangerous cultures are made. If we see issues in his 19 and 20 classes then I'll be a lot more worried than a one off with his first rushed class. I don't think any issues like these popped up with his guys at UCF and we'll see on the 19 and 20 classes so hopefully these guys were a one time rushed class mistake.

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

Just from what I have seen and it is limited, unless the HS coach knows the college coach really really well, most of the info they give is pretty standard.  

Great kid

Needs some guidance (if he is a troublemaker)

Will work really hard

Needs someone to stay on top of him (if he doesn't work hard)

That kind of stuff...

It is really hard for a HS coach to s#!t on a kids full ride because the kid was an a$$h@!e in HS...

Now...it is different if the kid already has police issues but under 18 there is a chance that not many people would even know about that with how child court works.

I understand. I was agreeing with you.

3 hours ago, Landlord said:

You mean like coach Osborne did? 

• Plus1 3