2021 Season Notes

If we hosted that regional everyone would be happy with the host regardless. Also, the good of the regional host is being the 1 seed. (Imagine being the 2 seed or 3 seed.)

Texas Tech is much better at home, UCLA is incredibly hot & cold. Wright State is experienced and wins with pitching and defense so there's a really good mix of small ball to power offense and the one thing for certain is, in the end we'd get to watch if pitching or power paves the way.

They won't be. It makes more sense for us to play against any of the 3 or 4 Big 12 sites than Arkansas. Also, the ncaa would much prefer Bolt vs DVH in a super regional for the $.$$. We won't be in fayetteville unless its the super. We will, imo, not reach omaha without facing them however.  Would be a great story for years.. The young student (former player) out whitting the seasoned mentor. Sadly however, only in my dreams I know.

11 hours ago, Loebarth said:

They won't be. It makes more sense for us to play against any of the 3 or 4 Big 12 sites than Arkansas. Also, the ncaa would much prefer Bolt vs DVH in a super regional for the $.$$. We won't be in fayetteville unless its the super. We will, imo, not reach omaha without facing them however.  Would be a great story for years.. The young student (former player) out whitting the seasoned mentor. Sadly however, only in my dreams I know.

Right on cue, Baseball America has us as the 2 at TCU. That'd be a fun regional. I'm sure plenty of Nebraska fans would be in Ft Worth. 

11 hours ago, runningblind said:

You all are talking about which regional to play in, I think we should worry about making the tournament first. Still a lot of work to do just to qualify.

Just discussing the D1baseball and Baseball America projections. This board would be dead midweek if we didn't have some content to discuss. Still a lot of work to do - but the boys have done plenty of work thus far to be in the discussions as a 2 seed. 

• Fire 1
10 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Right on cue, Baseball America has us as the 2 at TCU. That'd be a fun regional. I'm sure plenty of Nebraska fans would be in Ft Worth. 

Just discussing the D1baseball and Baseball America projections. This board would be dead midweek if we didn't have some content to discuss. Still a lot of work to do - but the boys have done plenty of work thus far to be in the discussions as a 2 seed

This (the bold part especially) I completely agree on. Bolt/the staff/admins/training coachs/and especially the players... they're putting it on the line every day and it's showing. Hopefully it's contagious and spreads into the other men's teams as outside of wrestling and baseball.. well, just saying.

Husker Baseball Baby!!! GBR

11 hours ago, runningblind said:

You all are talking about which regional to play in, I think we should worry about making the tournament first. Still a lot of work to do just to qualify.

Sure there's a lot of work to do.  But, if they are sitting at a 2 seed right now, they would have to fall apart to not make the tournament at all.  Don't see that happening.

Let's go win the conference and not worry about it.

• Plus1 2
39 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Sure there's a lot of work to do.  But, if they are sitting at a 2 seed right now, they would have to fall apart to not make the tournament at all.  Don't see that happening.

Let's go win the conference and not worry about it.

Exactly, and maybe with winning the conference we can host?