The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election

Pick your Candidate  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Sad political times we are living in - law breakers are celebrated, truth tellers are not tolerated.  

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4387250-christie-wouldnt-pardon-unrepentant-trump/

GOP presidential candidate Chris Christie said he would not issue a pardon for former President Trump if he were elected president in 2024 and if Trump were convicted of a crime.

In an interview on “The View” on Wednesday, the former New Jersey governor did not hesitate to say “no” when co-host Joy Behar pointed out that GOP presidential candidates Nikki Haley and Ron DeSantis said they would pardon Trump and asked whether Christie would do the same.

“No, no, no, no,” Christie said, before Behar finished asking the question.

He drew on his experience as governor in explaining his reasoning.

“As a governor, I issued pardons,” Christie explained. “And one of the things you have to do is look at the person. The person has to accept responsibility for what they did. Do you think Donald Trump will ever accept responsibility for anything he did?”

“It’d be really the easiest pardon decision I would ever have to make as president,” Christie said. “You don’t accept responsibility? Too bad. Go to jail.”

Trump, currently the leading GOP presidential contender in 2024, faces four criminal indictments for a total of 91 charges.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
5 hours ago, commando said:

should the trump selected judges recuse from the colorado case?  

This is a good question...

I think common sense would say "yes" they should be recused BUT then you have the issue of saying that they can't be fair and impartial, which creates an issue.  It would be like if a Justice had an abortion could that Justice rule on the abortion issue?

I personally like to think they could be fair and impartial but I can't always do that, you can't always do that, none of us are always fair and impartial so maybe it is best if they are recused.

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

Oh my god...i feel bad for that person that asked the question.  

That was like being at one of your friends house when you were a kid...and their Mom or Dad goes off on them....and all you can do is stand there, trying to not make a sound, totally embarrassed for them.

This is the reporter right after he is done.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cz37n-foYLv/

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Scarlet said:

Has he really thought this idea through?  Just burn it all down and find out what the consequences are later I guess.

One word:  Idiot.      The guy thinks he is the smartest guy in every room - just the most ignorant, obnoxious politician I have heard outside of Trump.  

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 3
1 minute ago, DevoHusker said:

It was about  condemning white supremacy. 

And yes, his response shut down the reporter's attempt at a "gotcha" moment

What "gotcha" moment? What was the question?

• TGHusker changed the title to The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election