The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election

Pick your Candidate  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

here is a longer version

Oh! So he couldn't answer a simple question about white nationalism and instead claimed that white supremacy is a myth and some insignificant part of our country's past? And so he embraces endorsements from douchenozzles like Stephen Miller and tries to parrot Trump's rhetoric every chance he gets. And he doubles down with an even more idiotic tweet of his own that you were good enough to share with us. "Punctuality" and "the written word"?

Interesting to see what sort of characters appeal to you.

How would you personally answer such questions:

Devo and Archy, do you condemn white supremacy and white nationalism?

How about a bonus question: What was the cause of the civil war?

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • TBH 2
58 minutes ago, Ulty said:

What question was he responding to with this word salad, and what did @DevoHusker, @Archy1221, and @teachercd find so impressive about it?

Oh my god...i feel bad for that person that asked the question.  

That was like being at one of your friends house when you were a kid...and their Mom or Dad goes off on them....and all you can do is stand there, trying to not make a sound, totally embarrassed for them.

This is the reporter right after he is done.

That is what I said, I did not say I found it impressive.  If you don't think that was embarrassing for the reporter, well...But I clearly explained what I thought about it...

• Plus1 2
Just now, teachercd said:

Oh my god...i feel bad for that person that asked the question.  

That was like being at one of your friends house when you were a kid...and their Mom or Dad goes off on them....and all you can do is stand there, trying to not make a sound, totally embarrassed for them.

This is the reporter right after he is done.

That is what I said, I did not say I found it impressive.  If you don't think that was embarrassing for the reporter, well...

I don't think it was embarrassing for the reporter.  They asked a question.  If he wants to act like a jacka$$ while answering, it's on him.

• Plus1 3
1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

I don't think it was embarrassing for the reporter.  They asked a question.  If he wants to act like a jacka$$ while answering, it's on him.

I get embarrassed easily.  So I would have been embarrassed.  I also could not be a reporter because I would be scared to ask questions.  

• Plus1 1

49 minutes ago, Ulty said:

Oh! So he couldn't answer a simple question about white nationalism and instead claimed that white supremacy is a myth and some insignificant part of our country's past? And so he embraces endorsements from douchenozzles like Stephen Miller and tries to parrot Trump's rhetoric every chance he gets. And he doubles down with an even more idiotic tweet of his own that you were good enough to share with us. "Punctuality" and "the written word"?

He did answer the question. Unequivocally.  You see, the problem is that the left has tried to label any view right of center as "white nationalism". The word racist gets thrown around for anyone that does not hold their same view of the world. This guy is aware of that, and so he provided an answer to the question that left no doubt of his views, but did not mention the trigger words provided by the reporter. I think the guy is pretty sharp and quick witted.

You know nothing of what appeals to me. I  didn't endorse Vivek, and I am on record of opposing Trump. I do condemn white supremacy and white nationalism. Racism should always be condemned, don't you think?

Bonus: The westward expansion of the institution of slavery to new territories and States, and opposition to the same, is what caused the civil war. 

What do I win?

• TBH 1
29 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I do condemn white supremacy and white nationalism.

Ah, that wasn't so hard, was it?

29 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

You see, the problem is that the left has tried to label any view right of center as "white nationalism". The word racist gets thrown around for anyone that does not hold their same view of the world.

No, this is a load of total bull$h!t that your right-wing media has sold to you.

If you truly believe this and want to make the argument, then please support these sweeping claims with facts, evidence, and/or logic. 

• Haha 3
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 4
1 hour ago, Ulty said:

This is a terrible take and interpretation.

Ramaswamy is a clown for a lot of reasons, but this isn't one of them. While I think his premise and conclusion are both lacking some important clarity and articulation, which actually does more heavy lifting of revealing his true stance towards race relations (which I find to be inadequate), the question is not served as a neutral opportunity, and his response exposes it as such and is at least something better than, 'MY OPINION IS THAT RACISM IS BAD PLEASE CLAP'.

• TBH 2
7 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

This is a terrible take and interpretation.

Ramaswamy is a clown for a lot of reasons, but this isn't one of them. While I think his premise and conclusion are both lacking some important clarity and articulation, which actually does more heavy lifting of revealing his true stance towards race relations (which I find to be inadequate), the question is not served as a neutral opportunity, and his response exposes it as such and is at least something better than, 'MY OPINION IS THAT RACISM IS BAD PLEASE CLAP'.

These are good points (except for the "terrible take" part), and I don't think we are that far off from one another. I'm sure the journalist was attempting to go down some sort of gotcha path, and the questions were dumb and clumsy. I'm all for calling out stupid questions and bad journalism; fact-based questions would be very refreshing indeed. But he came across as very petulant and chose to make a stand in refusing to discuss a topic that everyone should be against. There are smarter ways to engage.

I agree that he is a clown on many levels. 

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1
30 minutes ago, Ulty said:

Ah, that wasn't so hard, was it?

No, this is a load of total bull$h!t that your right-wing media has sold to you.

If you truly believe this and want to make the argument, then please support these sweeping claims with facts, evidence, and/or logic. 

Where is this angst towards me coming from?

Sorry if somebody pissed in your Wheaties this morning...but it certainly wasn't me.

• Worth a Look 1

56 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Where is this angst towards me coming from?

Sorry if somebody pissed in your Wheaties this morning...but it certainly wasn't me.

Hey, nobody pissed in anything this morning, but if you are going to make statements such as: 

the left has tried to label any view right of center as "white nationalism". The word racist gets thrown around for anyone that does not hold their same view of the world.

you should be prepared to substantiate them. 

Simply dismissing white nationalism and racism as if they are mythical concepts that don't exist is irresponsible and dangerous. 

• Plus1 2
On 1/2/2024 at 11:28 AM, Moiraine said:

Yikes. It wasn’t Democrats who started this in Colorado. I think you should try to keep better track of things before deciding to burn the constitution w/o realizing it. 

Started what in Colorado? 

On 1/2/2024 at 9:31 AM, Scarlet said:

Something doesn't add up.  You're already willing to toss the Constitution so you can vote against an insurrectionist?  Make it make sense.

Btw you do know the litigants in Colorado were four Republicans and two unaffiliated voters right?

Toss the US constitution? You assume the 4 state judges are right or just your opinion because of TDS?  3 of the judges disagreed. Let's wait and see how the SCOTUS rules.....if they even do. I hope they do. I think it's important. 

And no, I didn't realize four Republicans and two unaffiliated voters brought the suite, so my apologies to the Dems. 

This also answers my question to @Moiraine

6 minutes ago, nic said:

Toss the US constitution? You assume the 4 state judges are right or just your opinion because of TDS?  3 of the judges disagreed. Let's wait and see how the SCOTUS rules.....if they even do. I hope they do. I think it's important. 

And no, I didn't realize four Republicans and two unaffiliated voters brought the suite, so my apologies to the Dems. 

This also answers my question to @Moiraine

Yeah that's what I assumed.  Your rage isn't because you're willing to let the process play out through the courts.  

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
47 minutes ago, Ulty said:

Hey, nobody pissed in anything this morning, but if you are going to make statements such as: 

you should be prepared to substantiate them. 

Simply dismissing white nationalism and racism as if they are mythical concepts that don't exist is irresponsible and dangerous. 

This wasn't your first post after I linked the full clip of the exchange? 

• TGHusker changed the title to The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election