The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election

Pick your Candidate  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, teachercd said:

This election is over.  Unless you are all liars and everyone I know lies...this won't be close.

I will be shocked if Trump even ends up being the R...but I will be more shocked if JB doesn't win with ease.

Trump is virtually locked to be the Republican candidate and is still slightly favored to win in November. 

Dramatically lower your expectations for the average American voter. Joe Biden faces an uphill climb.

12 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Trump is virtually locked to be the Republican candidate and is still slightly favored to win in November. 

Dramatically lower your expectations for the average American voter. Joe Biden faces an uphill climb.

Nah...

Trump MIGHT be the R

But...until any of us can name a new Trump voter or a new Non-JB voter...

this will be a cake wake...and that poster that loves China is gonna owe me.

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1
51 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Nah...

Trump MIGHT be the R

I thought I've explained this many times, but I guess it's better to have hope like this than not. 

Trump is the nominee. It's not even close. The only states he might lose in the primary are Iowa and New Hampshire. A win in either or both states means that what small chance an alternative candidate has is all but gone. 

13 hours ago, teachercd said:

Nah...

Trump MIGHT be the R

We can go by your circle of acquaintances, or by the people who do this stuff for a living. 

Or to put it another way, how has underestimating Donald Trump and his followers worked out so far? 

I know you're a funny and irreverent guy, so I'm never clear when you actually want to be taken seriously. Am I the poster you think loves China? Why?

29 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

We can go by your circle of acquaintances, or by the people who do this stuff for a living. 

Or to put it another way, how has underestimating Donald Trump and his followers worked out so far? 

I know you're a funny and irreverent guy, so I'm never clear when you actually want to be taken seriously. Am I the poster you think loves China? Why?

No, we did not make a bet on the election.

It is not just my circle of friends...It is all of our circles and now even "old" people are not going to vote for Trump.  

• Plus1 1
34 minutes ago, commando said:

seems iike hell is freezing over for the start of the primaries

s#!t, I went out this morning and it is brutal outside.

The roads here in Omaha are "okay" but I hate driving in these conditions so I drive like a 90 year old.

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, teachercd said:

It is not just my circle of friends...It is all of our circles and now even "old" people are not going to vote for Trump.  

Guess you're right. According to the participants in this here HuskerBoard poll, Donald Trump is on pace to get zero votes in the election. 

• TBH 1
1 minute ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Guess you're right. According to the participants in this here HuskerBoard poll, Donald Trump is on pace to get zero votes in the election. 

Haha!  The HB polls have to be the most accurate around!

If you really want to see big brains...check out the game threads!  My god!

• TBH 1
On 1/13/2024 at 11:09 AM, teachercd said:

No, we did not make a bet on the election.

I THINK I know people voting for Trump. Some are old, like my in-laws. The problem is they won't say it or talk politics, anymore, so I am uncertain. I suspect Trump voters, at least in my circles, are keeping quiet. I also know people that want a new R candidate that will vote against Trump in the primaries, but if Trump is the R nominee, they will vote for him over Biden. 

• Plus1 1
7 hours ago, nic said:

I THINK I know people voting for Trump. Some are old, like my in-laws. The problem is they won't say it or talk politics, anymore, so I am uncertain. I suspect Trump voters, at least in my circles, are keeping quiet. I also know people that want a new R candidate that will vote against Trump in the primaries, but if Trump is the R nominee, they will vote for him over Biden. 

Maybe BUT we hear that same noise before of the giant huge "red wave" I think they were calling it. never came close to happening.  But poll after poll said it was going to happen.

• Plus1 2
8 hours ago, nic said:

My in-laws are definitely voting for him. They have put signs up in their yard in the past. They have his "Letters to Trump" book currently on their coffee table. We don't discuss politics any more with them. Makes our family get togethers go smoother.

• TGHusker changed the title to The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election