The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election

Pick your Candidate  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Donald Trump just received his first vote in our poll!

After all these months I'm sure the poster would love to step forward and own this endorsement, leading to a spirited and healthy P&R discussion.

I think it was Jaime Dimon :) 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

DeSanactimonious is out and endorses ,,,,,,trump

https://www.axios.com/2024/01/21/ron-desantis-presidential-campaign-ends

Why it matters: DeSantis entered the 2024 campaign widely viewed as former President Trump's most formidable opponent, but early missteps and strategic errors hampered his effort.

• DeSantis' announcement will give Trump an added boost ahead of the New Hampshire contest where he is looking to effectively end the GOP primary with a large win over former United Nations Ambassador Nikki Haley.
  • DeSantis campaigned aggressively in Iowa, but came in second behind Trump by about 30 percentage points.

The big picture: DeSantis launched his presidential campaign in May, but he had been laying the groundwork before then, highlighting his legislative accomplishments in Florida that related to his "anti-woke" agenda.

• He cruised to re-election as governor in 2022, when many other Republican candidates underperformed expectations, which fueled the speculation that he was ready to take on Trump.
  • DeSantis' pitch to voters was that the Sunshine State — which passed aggressive restrictions under his leadership on abortion rights, LGBTQ people and more — could be a model for the rest of the country.
  • Haha 1
12 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

DeSanactimonious is out and endorses ,,,,,,trump

https://www.axios.com/2024/01/21/ron-desantis-presidential-campaign-ends

Why it matters: DeSantis entered the 2024 campaign widely viewed as former President Trump's most formidable opponent, but early missteps and strategic errors hampered his effort.

• DeSantis' announcement will give Trump an added boost ahead of the New Hampshire contest where he is looking to effectively end the GOP primary with a large win over former United Nations Ambassador Nikki Haley.
  • DeSantis campaigned aggressively in Iowa, but came in second behind Trump by about 30 percentage points.

The big picture: DeSantis launched his presidential campaign in May, but he had been laying the groundwork before then, highlighting his legislative accomplishments in Florida that related to his "anti-woke" agenda.

• He cruised to re-election as governor in 2022, when many other Republican candidates underperformed expectations, which fueled the speculation that he was ready to take on Trump.
  • DeSantis' pitch to voters was that the Sunshine State — which passed aggressive restrictions under his leadership on abortion rights, LGBTQ people and more — could be a model for the rest of the country.

Who could have foreseen that trying to elbow your way in to the right of Trump and flip MAGA voters all the while not even confronting Trump was a losing strategy?  So ends possibly the worst campaign in history.

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Who could have foreseen that trying to elbow your way in to the right of Trump and flip MAGA voters all the while not even confronting Trump was a losing strategy?  So ends possibly the worst campaign in history.

He was a huge favorite over all of the other candidates not named trump.  There have been few who have blown such an advantage as he has.  

So, I wonder if he was given the VP slot for getting out just before NH.

I ALSO WONDER DO THE DESANTIS VOTERS ON HB WHO SAY THEY WON'T VOTE FOR TRUMP NOW SUPPORT HALEY OR VOTE FOR TRUMP A THIRD TIME???

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1
3 hours ago, teachercd said:

This kind of surprises me, unless is there a chance Trump “promised“ him a VP nod?

nikki is about to get a ton of new voters.

We will find out, soon. The VP offering has been floated by many. Seems like odd timing 2 days out. Desantis would be better pick than Tucker. :cowbell:

3 hours ago, teachercd said:

This kind of surprises me, unless is there a chance Trump “promised“ him a VP nod?

nikki is about to get a ton of new voters.

Nikki Haley is going to be endorsing Trump by March 5th at the latest. 

She's going to spend her pathetic time attacking Bidens age and mental acuity all while Donald Trump routinely confuses her for Nancy Pelosi.

• TBH 1
5 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Nikki Haley is going to be endorsing Trump by March 5th at the latest. 

She's going to spend her pathetic time attacking Bidens age and mental acuity all while Donald Trump routinely confuses her for Nancy Pelosi.

Well, that makes sense that anyone would attack Joe's mind, that is the no-brainer move.

But, March 5th is a long ways off...and with Ronnie (not the good one, the lame one) out, those votes are going somewhere and my guess is that they are not going to donnie.  

But, you may very well be right.  But I hope not. 

• Plus1 1

It’s a shame the Conservative Republican who governed in a way the vast majority of Republicans would like the country governed was passed over, but it seems Strange Doctor is correct.   Republican voters are not smart this cycle.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1
13 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Well, that makes sense that anyone would attack Joe's mind, that is the no-brainer move.

But, March 5th is a long ways off...and with Ronnie (not the good one, the lame one) out, those votes are going somewhere and my guess is that they are not going to donnie.  

But, you may very well be right.  But I hope not. 

If I were to guess, Haley will drop out shortly after she loses her home state of South Carolina on February 24th.

However, the latest her campaign will last is March 5th, after the Super Tuesday primaries are dominated by Trump leaving her no path to victory. 

The soonest she drops out is eary next week after she loses in New Hampshire. She may realize that the sooner she embarrasses herself by endorsing Trump, the better the chances that he helps her salvage the rest of her pathetic political career.

Make no mistake, the race for the Republican nomination is over and has been for months.

• TGHusker changed the title to The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election