The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election

Pick your Candidate  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

42 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Who would trump even pick this time for a VP running mate?  His son? 

He has all kinds of butt kissers that are more than willing - from Tim Scott on the east coast to Kari Lake way out west and a bunch of spinless GOPers er Trump cultist in between. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
2 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

He has all kinds of butt kissers that are more than willing - from Tim Scott on the east coast to Kari Lake way out west and a bunch of spinless GOPers er Trump cultist in between. 

Does Scott move the needle though in terms of votes?  

• Plus1 1
13 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Lake is focused on her Senate run. I think she knows she has a better chance of winning that than winning as a Veep for this candidate.

There is zero chance Scott is the choice. Mostly because of his race. Not only does Orange Man Bad have a notorious racist streak, his likely voters are similarly racist. 

Rubio is probably the top candidate. He's a household name, he's Hispanic, he's tame. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
5 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Lake is focused on her Senate run. I think she knows she has a better chance of winning that than winning as a Veep for this candidate.

There is zero chance Scott is the choice. Mostly because of his race. Not only does Orange Man Bad have a notorious racist streak, his likely voters are similarly racist. 

Rubio is probably the top candidate. He's a household name, he's Hispanic, he's tame. 

This does seem to make sense.

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, knapplc said:

Can't argue nor would I want to against any of those points.  Now Rubio is interesting - a case study in conquering the bully by giving into him fully.  Never thought of him as a likely VP option.  HOWEVER: Like Ted Cruz, he's gone from being verbally abused by Trump & ineptly standing by as Trump insults their (Ted and Marco) families to becoming lackies for him.  I saw a clip of Rubio the other day going all in for Trump while discounting Trump's many legal issues.   Trump once mentioned that he'd want a female for VP- if so, I see Stefanik as the likely choice.  She's been carrying his water after taking Liz's spot as #3 in the House.  I thought for along time Gov Noem would be the person - but I think she may want to chart her own path in 2028 based on what my dad has been telling me (he lives in SF).    But what Trump says one day means nothing the next day.  So, yes - Trump needs Florida - there were a large # of GOPers who didn't vote for Trump in the Florida primary - so I could see power hungry and values challenged Rubio taking the VP spot. 

5 hours ago, teachercd said:

Does Scott move the needle though in terms of votes?  

Only perhaps to try get the African American vote elsewhere - Trump probably has SC tied up regardless. 

3 hours ago, knapplc said:

Christians, didn't Jesus make a whip and rid the temple of people like this?

This bible costs SIXTY DOLLARS. 

For sure for sure.  A con will con wherever he can con.   If a con can be had, the con will jump at the opportunity.  Trump is a master Con Man - I wonder how those most excellent T-shoes are selling?   I once worked as a Corp Credit Mgr for a Christian publishing company.  We 'sold' a bunch of Bibles and books but majority bibles to a company based - you guessed it - in Nigeria.  I wasn't made aware of the deal until afterwards.  The Con conned our publishing company out of over $20k using stolen credit cards.  So, yes, people mis-use, misrepresent, and use the Bible to take advantage of many in all sorts of ways.  

3 hours ago, knapplc said:

Christians, didn't Jesus make a whip and rid the temple of people like this?

This bible costs SIXTY DOLLARS. 

Having listened to this he says:

It is his 'favorite book'.  I thought he had Mien Kopf on his nightstand.  :dunno

Trump is presenting himself as the savior --- again.   Trying to secure that evangelical vote. 

"We must make America pray again".    I'm all for prayer - I don't think you make anyone 'pray' unless you are in a country like Iran.   Although, come to think of it, I'll be praying a lot more if trump is elected.  :facepalm:  I'm praying that he won't be.  So, I guess he has made me prayed.