When will the B1G pull the plug on our football season?

When will the B1G pull the plug on our football season?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. When will our season officially get cancelled?

• August 22nd or sooner (within 2 weeks)
    • August 23rd to September 5th (just prior to first game)
    • In September after after first game
    • In October or November
    • Cancelled? You crazy....we’re getting the whole enchilada.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/12/2020 at 08:22 AM

48 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

What do think the possibility is that the secret vote was purposefully leaked to cause backlash? 

6 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I think that’s a high probability.

Agreed. And it makes me wonder if it's more likely that they play. Frost's talk about the monetary ramifications was spot-on, and there's some scary realities there. By leaking the possibility of canceling, they make those who want the season have to be that much more vocal - and that provides cover.

I think most of us agree the biggest reason the decision-makers would cancel the season is fear of liability. This is the decision-makers forcing others to force their hand. It's a stronger argument in case of future litigation.

• Plus1 1

50 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

What do think the possibility is that the secret vote was purposefully leaked to cause backlash? 

That seems plausible.  But it would be really odd that they singled out Nebraska and Iowa as still wanting to play.  I think the other schools that still want to play wouldn't appreciate that too much.

I think it's more likely that the "leak" was embellished to make a good story.  Something to the effect of Nebraska and Iowa really wanted to play while the others were more hesitant or still waiting.  But when it comes out it sounded much more grand than it actually was.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1